Title of the document

Veritas Shooting Plane

Kev

So, I really goofed up on this order and I'm not quite sure how.  But, I ordered a lefty instead of a righty..

I ordered this about 6 months ago and just got it out of the box for a video when I realized my mistake.

Needless to say, it's brand new and hasn't even had the blade installed yet.  If there's a lefty on this forum that wants one, I cut you a great deal to save me the headache of reaching out to LV and try to return something I ordered that long ago.

Let me know..

7 hours ago, Kev said:

to save me the headache of reaching out to LV and try to return something I ordered that long ago.

I wouldn't call reaching out to customer service at Lee Valley a headache.  I had a similar situation although only three months had passed.  They had a sale on some nice drawer glides because the manufacturer was changing model numbers and so they need to clear out inventory.  I ordered 6 sets of 18" for a project down the road.  When I finally got to the project I opened the box and found out they were 22", way too long for my needs.  I looked at the packing slip and it said 18 so it was a mis-pick on their part.

I emailed, them told them that it was my fault for not checking when they arrived and asked if there was any way to still exchange. absolutely no problem.  They sent me the 18's along with a shipping label for the 22's.  AND apologized for the mis-pick.

I am a lefty but I have gotten used to using my low angle jack or a lot of times I use my shoulder plane for shooting.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I wouldn't call reaching out to customer service at Lee Valley a headache.  I had a similar situation although only three months had passed.  They had a sale on some nice drawer glides because the manufacturer was changing model numbers and so they need to clear out inventory.  I ordered 6 sets of 18" for a project down the road.  When I finally got to the project I opened the box and found out they were 22", way too long for my needs.  I looked at the packing slip and it said 18 so it was a mis-pick on their part.

I emailed, them told them that it was my fault for not checking when they arrived and asked if there was any way to still exchange. absolutely no problem.  They sent me the 18's along with a shipping label for the 22's.  AND apologized for the mis-pick.

I am a lefty but I have gotten used to using my low angle jack or a lot of times I use my shoulder plane for shooting.

I'm also leaving for work again in just a few days for another couple months, it is a headache for me with a lot on my plate..

You want it?  Here's your chance to add it to your collection for a fraction of what I paid for it.

Nope, I just wouldn't use it enough to justify having a specialized tool like that.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

6 hours ago, Bushwacked said:

that should never stop you from buying :classic_biggrin:

I know people will think I am nuts, but I am pretty happy with my total setup, I don't want for much.  😊

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1