Title of the document

Intro- hello from CA

JDub

Hello, my name is John Williams. I’m 51 from Southern California. I supervise maintenance and purchase fire trucks for money, and love woodworking and remodeling for fun. I stumbled across KC Woodworks on YouTube, shop tour 2022. In the intro, I thought, “that looks like Montana!”

My wife has family in northwest MT and we are looking at property up there for retirement.

Thanks for the great videos and forum.

13 hours ago, JDub said:

Hello, my name is John Williams. I’m 51 from Southern California. I supervise maintenance and purchase fire trucks for money, and love woodworking and remodeling for fun. I stumbled across KC Woodworks on YouTube, shop tour 2022. In the intro, I thought, “that looks like Montana!”

My wife has family in northwest MT and we are looking at property up there for retirement.

Thanks for the great videos and forum.

Welcome to the forums!  Sorry for the late response, I'm working nights on this work trip..

You are correct, it is NW MT..  Kalispell to be exact.  If you're ever in the area looking, give me a shout and we'll try and get together.

Where abouts in SoCal?  I was born down there and still have quite a bit of family there.  I also seem to work there from time to time..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kev said:

Welcome to the forums!  Sorry for the late response, I'm working nights on this work trip..

You are correct, it is NW MT..  Kalispell to be exact.  If you're ever in the area looking, give me a shout and we'll try and get together.

Where abouts in SoCal?  I was born down there and still have quite a bit of family there.  I also seem to work there from time to time..

We’re in Long Beach. Loved it here for a long time, but the taxes, homeless, and crowding are getting to us. 
Kalispell is awesome. We also like Columbia Falls. My wife’s relatives are in Trego. Have you ever been there?

5 hours ago, JDub said:

We’re in Long Beach. Loved it here for a long time, but the taxes, homeless, and crowding are getting to us. 
Kalispell is awesome. We also like Columbia Falls. My wife’s relatives are in Trego. Have you ever been there?

My wife's cousins are in Columbia Falls..  Not too far from us, 25 minutes or so..

That’s cool. My wife’s Aunt & Uncle moved to Columbia Falls about 25 years ago from Huntington Beach, built a new house on 5 acres, then it was getting “too crowded” for them, bought 80 acres in Trego, built a new shop and house up there in 2019. It’s a beautiful place.

Edited by JDub
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Been looking for months and months for the right house and or property up there. Put in a full price offer two weeks ago on. We were outbid. House was priced right, it sold in 4 days. we've looked at so many others that are overpriced.

10 minutes ago, JDub said:

Been looking for months and months for the right house and or property up there. Put in a full price offer two weeks ago on. We were outbid. House was priced right, it sold in 4 days. we've looked at so many others that are overpriced.

Yea, the housing market here is nuts!  It was really crazy about a year ago but, has slowly been settling down.