Title of the document

Holy Shipping!! WTH?

Bushwacked

7 minutes ago, Coop said:

I use a fiber, 30 gallon drum that can be had from Grainger for less than $70. I cut a vertical slot in the side and applied a strip of plexiglass with silicone and screws for a sight glass. 

Something like this?

image.thumb.png.1e00d7f40f15d01aaf28f7e345808f1b.png

any issue with the plexiglass leaking air or dust with the silicone added? Also, screws?

• Like 1

That drum in your original pic looks to be pretty heavy which would explain the shipping cost.  

Shipping has gotten really expensive!  I'm sure you've all noticed less giveaways this last year?  That's mainly because of the shipping costs that I cover when I do a giveaway.

3 hours ago, Kev said:

That drum in your original pic looks to be pretty heavy which would explain the shipping cost.  

Shipping has gotten really expensive!  I'm sure you've all noticed less giveaways this last year?  That's mainly because of the shipping costs that I cover when I do a giveaway.

ya, I guess its costing more due to weight ... I ordered Coops from Grainger and shipping was like $19. 5 gallons less, so I am assuming it weighs quite a bit less ?? Oneida does not list weight on their drum

• Like 1