Title of the document

Large Commissioned Piece

Kev

I've been contacted by a lady in Main that is asking for a few large pieces of furniture.  I can and will work out a quote but, I could prefer someone closer to her to take the commission if anyone is interested???  Would be a good paying gig!

PM me if interested and I'll give you details.

I’m closer to Main than Maine🤔

In the private viewing room, just for the heck of it, share with us, the project and your bid and the justification of the pricing. No way would I try to compete, either pricing or quality, just curious as to how you break it down. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

I’m probably the closest member to Maine, but still incredibly far.  I think you need to find a way to crate and ship.  I don’t know if you watch Blacktail Studio on YT but he may be someone to ask cause he has sent projects from Oregon to NY.

These projects aren't really shippable unless the builder was available to do the assembly..

For reference, I just printed 45 pages of plans to do this quote.  Also, for the record, these are pieces I've built so they're (and I) available for any detail..

10 minutes ago, Coop said:

Do they have refineries in Maine that you could your name in the hat for? 

lol..  A couple in New Jersey but, I think that's it..  Frankly, I just don't have time to build these pieces.

My wife was a little shocked at the actual build value of the pieces..lol. 

37 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

What does she actually want built?  I would help, but since they are “large pieces”, I probably don’t have the room, plus I’m still 6 hours away from Maine.  I don’t really know any woodworkers in New England area, but I could ask on the Sawmill Creek forum if you wanted me to get a few names to pass on.  

She's looking for all of the furniture I built in my wife's quilting room..  Desk, cutting table, and tracing table.

I've sent her the quote so, waiting for her response.