Title of the document

Another Quilting Room Project

Kev

On 9/16/2020 at 9:58 PM, Kev said:

lol...  No..  But, she knew that going in too..

We simply worked out what she "needed" and what I "needed".  Her area is about 750 sq ft of the building (1800 sq ft) and it's more room than she needs.  I'm happy with my area but, wish I had more room.  

Now I say I wish I had more room but, with the layout that we set up more room would only give me more floor space which I don't need.  What I'd like is more wall space to toss in a couple extra pieces of equipment.  In order to accomplish this, I should have made the building a little wider.  It would have increased both of our spaces.  Just hard to justify that cost because I want to think about a shaper, sheet good vertical saw, or a CNC...  

Reality is that if I really wanted any of those items, I would find the room for it.  They're just not high on my priority list.

Shapers don’t take up much room, heck could replace your router table with one. Get the right spindle for router bits and they are basically the same. Just a pain to change spindles out. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Shapers don’t take up much room, heck could replace your router table with one. Get the right spindle for router bits and they are basically the same. Just a pain to change spindles out. 

I wouldn't swap them.  My RT does everything I want at this point but, it would also be nice to add a shaper for some increased ability.  However, not at the cost of replacing all my bits, jigs, storage stuff, etc..  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kev said:

I wouldn't swap them.  My RT does everything I want at this point but, it would also be nice to add a shaper for some increased ability.  However, not at the cost of replacing all my bits, jigs, storage stuff, etc..  

yes the cutters for the shaper add up quick. I picked up mine used for $500 so couldn’t really pass on it. Did you ever think of adding a power feeder to your router table?

46 minutes ago, Jamie said:

yes the cutters for the shaper add up quick. I picked up mine used for $500 so couldn’t really pass on it. Did you ever think of adding a power feeder to your router table?

I've looked but, it's just not really justifiable for me since most of the stuff that I run is fairly short.  If I were running a lot of long material, a power feeder would be high on my list!

• Like 1