Title of the document

New Garage Door

Chet

I share this with one person then thought I should share with all.

We have all had situations where we have had to hire someone for a task around the house only to have struggles of getting the job done properly.  I had the opposite experience yesterday

" I had a pretty cool tech installing the garage door today.  Part of my DC ductwork was in the way of the door when opened.  The wheels that ride in the track sit differently on this door then the the old one so when it is open it sits up about 3 inches higher.  It was one of the more complex sections.  I told him it was going to take about 90 minutes for me to move.  He said let me get a drink of water and then I'll give you a hand.  We were done in about 20 minutes.  About five minutes in he say "I see were your going with this" and he started making moves with me instead of just being another set of hands.  I wish I could of had a beer with the guy but he said he still had to go back to the warehouse so he was still going to be on company time".

• Like 3

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

I know there's lots of people out there that get bad experiences with contractors coming into their home to perform a job.  Maybe it's because of where I live but, good experiences is pretty common here.  Of all the contractors we've hired we only had one bad experience with a roofer that didn't finish the job but, took our money.  The following roofer made up for it by not charging us because he didn't want all roofers here to have a bad reputation..lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kev said:

The following roofer made up for it by not charging us because he didn't want all roofers here to have a bad reputation..lol

In my experience stuff like this pays off in the long run even though he didn't charge you.  I am sure he is the guy you would recommend if someone asked.  I have done free fixes for people, it would have been interesting to keep track of the business I got from their recommendations.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

8 minutes ago, Chet said:

In my experience stuff like this pays off in the long run even though he didn't charge you.  I am sure he is the guy you would recommend if someone asked.  I have done free fixes for people, it would have been interesting to keep track of the business I got from their recommendations.

Yes..  And we call him each time we have shingles missing due to a wind storm..