Title of the document

Jagged Jointer Knives

Chet

I don't know what happened to my Jointer knives.  Last time I used the jointer was when I was building the Morris Chair and I know I would have noticed this then.  But the other day I went to edge joint a piece and it looked like I had the blade on a tape dispenser doing the cutting.  I have no idea how or when this happened to the knives.  It certainly seems like something you would have felt or heard at the time.  It's about the first inch of the inside (closest to the fence) part of the blade.

P.S. did I just post the first regular size picture here???

IMG_1934.thumb.jpg.c799920d9c05e198a366e51d62e2a396.jpg

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

58 minutes ago, Kev said:

Are the blades reversable?

good point I'll have to check into that.  They are the original Powermatic blade.  When the time came to replace them I was going to up grade to a helical head but this is to early I haven't saved enough money to go that route yet.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

12 minutes ago, Chet said:

good point I'll have to check into that.  They are the original Powermatic blade.  When the time came to replace them I was going to up grade to a helical head but this is to early I haven't saved enough money to go that route yet.

I don't think the PM blades are reversible,  looking forward to your looksie!