Title of the document

Magnetic base Light

Chet

I am looking for a light for my bandsaw.  It's the Laguna 1412 which came with a light but it is the older style light, not the ones they have now with the articulating arms.  The one I have just doesn't have any useful range.  This has me looking for something with a strong magnetic base because it will be in a vertical mounting situation and some sort of adjustability  like a gooseneck or something.

Any recommendations? 

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

2 hours ago, Chet said:

I am looking for a light for my bandsaw.  It's the Laguna 1412 which came with a light but it is the older style light, not the ones they have now with the articulating arms.  The one I have just doesn't have any useful range.  This has me looking for something with a strong magnetic base because it will be in a vertical mounting situation and some sort of adjustability  like a gooseneck or something.

Any recommendations? 

I've been running these on my bandsaws for years..  I can't find a name brand on them but, I think I picked them up at the big box store.  The base sticks really well and doesn't move with the saw's vibration.  Also, the arms don't move either but, you do have to crank them down pretty good.

image.thumb.jpeg.930b48dd5c83ef4a2d7b0e4e3cab2c32.jpeg

I may have also painted them black..  It's been so long that I just don't remember.

Kev, that is the style I have been looking for but I am guessing that they aren't out there much anymore because of all the led offerings.  I did find one online the other dat that looked pretty much like yours but it was $165 a copy. 😲  Didn't you get the articulating one with you Laguna bandsaw?

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

26 minutes ago, Chet said:

Kev, that is the style I have been looking for but I am guessing that they aren't out there much anymore because of all the led offerings.  I did find one online the other dat that looked pretty much like yours but it was $165 a copy. 😲  Didn't you get the articulating one with you Laguna bandsaw?

No, I did not get lights with either of my bandsaws..  Next time I'm in the big box store, I'll have a look and see if I can still find them.  I promise I didn't pay anywhere near that for those lights!

I did find a post on Pinterest that Peachtree may have them???

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/528539706259276997/

Still looking though...

15 minutes ago, Kev said:

I promise I didn't pay anywhere near that for those lights!

I didn't even begin to think you did.  A couple of years ago I found one in the catalog from that router bit company that Marc used to talk about, I think at the time he had a small palm router from them.  The company's name was three letters.  But anyway Kathy tried to order them for a Christmas gift for me but they were out of stock.  hey we $24 at the time.

1 hour ago, Kev said:

No, just showed up in a google images search as I was looking...

I found this link it was actually a recall harbor freight was doing on them.  Electrical shock problems.

• Haha 1