Title of the document

Interesting Cosman Video

Kev

4 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I agree it was worth watching. I also agree with him on most of his opinions on the tools in the video. Probably the only one that caused me pause was the mortise chisel I prefer them to have a slight bevel on the sides.

I didn't want to toss out my opinions too early but, that was certainly one that I wasn't sure I agreed with.  I think he probably right if you're a hand tool purist and use them to chop mortises.  I don't work that way but, I understand his point.

Another one for me was the pull saw.  What he said makes sense but, I honestly never thought about it that way.

• Like 1

Agreed! I have his DT saw and love it so I would never use a pull saw for those but I still think a pull saw is a very useful tool to own and honestly they are cheap too. I have a dedicated shooting board plane and feel that I should have saved my money on that one. It works well but I actually learned hand tools from Rob's videos and still find myself grabbing my Woodriver #5 for that use most days 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pkinneb said:

Agreed! I have his DT saw and love it so I would never use a pull saw for those but I still think a pull saw is a very useful tool to own and honestly they are cheap too. I have a dedicated shooting board plane and feel that I should have saved my money on that one. It works well but I actually learned hand tools from Rob's videos and still find myself grabbing my Woodriver #5 for that use most days 🤦‍♂️

I have a couple pull saws as well but, just never felt comfortable with them doing joinery like DTs. I have the LN saws but, would like to test drive one of Robs as well as a Bad Ax just to compare.

4 hours ago, Kev said:

I have a couple pull saws as well but, just never felt comfortable with them doing joinery like DTs. I have the LN saws but, would like to test drive one of Robs as well as a Bad Ax just to compare.

I have Rob's DT saw and two Bad Ax saws (tenon and 12" hybrid) they are all awesome but the Cosman handle, while not as pretty, just fits like a glove and is a dream to use for DT's. I also like the 12" hybrid I use it for almost everything not DT's. Probably could have gotten by without the Tenon saw but its extra depth comes in handy when needed.

• Like 1