Title of the document

PM 2000B

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Kev

I've been having a power issue with the saw since I got it into the shop.  It would just cut off mid cut and it didn't matter if I was cutting 8/4 HW or 1/4 ply.

I contacted PM (about a week ago) and they advised me to really tighten the belt.

I was also concerned about my floor outlets as they sit a little below the surface of the face plate and I had a 90 degree plug on it which made it worse.

So, I changed the plug to a standard, tightened the belt, and had the electricians out to ensure the voltage was correct.

After that, the saw ran great for about a week and then was back to stopping in mid cut today.  I called PM again and beat them to the punch with everything I'd done to solve the problem.  Their tech services also thought it was a issue with the switch so, are sending another one.  Should be here before the broken fences...lol

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

For those that remember, these TS issues kept coming up one after another with this particular saw.  Rather than drag out about 11 pages covering about a year's worth of time from the original forum, I'll post the relevant videos here and answer any questions that anyone may have..  Also, I've had several requests for updates on the saw and always cover those updates in the quarterly review videos.

Feb 23, 2019

Oct 25, 2019

Nov 12, 2019