Title of the document

Kreg forman cart

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Jamie

Am waiting on drawer slides to show up before I can continue on with the miter saw stand so decided to knock this cabinet out. Had a base of a harbor freight dust collector sitting around so thought it would make a great base for the Kreg foreman. Pretty simple cabinet I drew up in my mind. Thought I could get away with using the dust collector base as the bottom but in the middle of the project decided it wouldn’t. Used 3/4 sanded pine plywood for the whole build. Got it from Home Depot for a really fair price, actually kinda impressed with it. Think it was 35$ a sheet. Flat and consistent.  For shop furniture I think it looks pretty nice. Decided not to finish this one as lacquer makes such a mess for me. 

The drawer is the dust collection for the Kreg jig. I cut a hole in the top of the cabinet and the dust falls straight through. The bottom might eventually have roll outs for Kreg screws and other jigs. For the moment I put a shelf in because I’m out of slides. AC80F830-BC55-470A-AD34-AAEB721BCA0C.jpegA1F09F39-0737-4323-9886-6A62FAAD37F3.jpegE084E837-0BD5-4E4E-9FF1-D05848000BFE.jpeglso my youngest daughter decided to come out and help me along. She likes to play in saw dust piles that she finds. Her mom likes to yell at me for her doing that. ?

Attachments:

EA975AB9-CAEA-47A9-BCEA-AA98966E6EAE.jpeg

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Follow up posts 

1) Really neat idea. Your daughter is precious!

2) Thank you very much! She is 2 and a handful! (To much like her mother) 

3) Just like my two kids (2girl,7boy) always in the shop with me. My boy is getting good at planing and sawing boards to smaller boards. She just wants to color on everything and make it pink.

4) It’s awesome your kids are in the shop with you! My oldest used to color every piece of scrap that she could! I still have a few of them, am tempted to hang a few up for shop art. She just turned 7 a few weeks ago. She is a very good helper when it comes to cleaning the shop up some. Give her a dust collector hose and she is entertained for an hour!

5) Oh yea I have plenty of scrap art on the walls. On the door coming into the shop I have the kids height marked on the door frame jamb. Neither of mine like the cleaning that much but sure do like transplanting shavings all over the place

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus