Title of the document

Drawer Slides

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by woodenskye

So I have a few projects underway as part of some shop changes I am making.  So I am building a platform that is 25" X 72". I want to put a couple drawers in.  Initially I thought I had 24" epoxy slides, but after looking I realize I only have 16" slides.  I do have 26" ball bearing slides which actually measure 25 1/2", and I'm not going to buy more, so would you build out the front or would you notch out the back of the cabinet, which will basically not ever be seen?

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Follow up posts

1) So I have a few projects underway as part of some shop changes I am making.  So I am building a platform that is 25" X 72". I want to put a couple drawers in.  Initially I thought I had 24" epoxy slides, but after looking I realize I only have 16" slides.  I do have 26" ball bearing slides which actually measure 25 1/2", and I'm not going to buy more, so would you build out the front or would you notch out the back of the cabinet, which will basically not ever be seen?

2) Coop. I totally agree it is a really deep drawer, but with the limited space I have for storage, I'm certain I could use it, even if I divided into sections.

3) I’ve been making more and more of my drawers, regardless of the width or depth, that have a sliding tray on the top, except those that are real shallow or that house big tools like grinders, routers, etc.

4) I’ve been making more and more of my drawers, regardless of the width or depth, that have a sliding tray on the top, except those that are real shallow or that house big tools like grinders, routers, etc.

5) When I build mine, I will cut the groove in the sides and add pieces for the tray to rest on. We recently bought a new bedroom suite and I cut, glued and screwed strips for the tray to rest on for the drawers on the dresser. My wife claimed more drawers than me so I had to make the best of what she allotted me.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus