Title of the document

GUN VICE

Thread transferred from previous forum - Original Post by Puka

Original Post:

So anyway I recently brought a really Cheap Gun vice to work on my rifles. $150 bucks worth of plastic. (Photo Below)

I looked at it when I put it together and decided that I could build a better one out of wood. So this is a project I hope to get into over the break.
The above bit of crap is warped and quite frankly its crap. More crappier than I would have thought even for 150 mulah. It holds the .22 rim fire all right, but the 6.5mm not so much.

I need something that is solid, that will cradle my girls with respect. No some loose and sloppy joe saying she'll be right mate.

Follow Up Posts:

1)  That should be a good project Especially if you build it out of nice lumber y’all have down there.

2)  I started this project finally....took the item in the above photo out to the work shop to get started but was defeated by the heat. :(

3)  Definitely need to get started on this as I two new scopes to mount, new mounts for the 6.5 in red anodized aluminium, some nice bling for my baby. Seriously why does everything have to be black? Black or stainless. . .WHATEVER!

So I hunted down some pica-tinny scope mounts that weren't black. Yayeee for me. I suppose I could put them on the ruger, depends on which one I decide will be used most.

Haven't really decided on wood yet but since I'm leaning towards something that is solid then it'll probably be Eucalyptus based and since I have a couple of ton of Botryoides in my back yard. Don't need to be Einstein to work out what I'll probably be using.

4)  Did you keep the purchased one? What will you be using for the green, softer material?

5)  The green soft material :)

gun vice.JPG