Title of the document

Tax Refund

Thread transferred from previous forum - Original Post by Tmize

Original Post:

Anybody planning on buying anything good their tax refund this year? I’m going to do stuff stuff around the house an finally get dust collection setup in the shop with mine.

Follow Up Posts:

1)  If my cpa is gentle and I’m lucky, I won’t owe too much.

2)  Ditto!

3)  Well dang guess I’m the only one that gets money back then. But I do still qualify for most all the tax credits so that makes since. I’ve tried to move my tax with holding around trying reduce the amount they get to keep from me all year I can never get it to balance out.

4)  If you get in a bind and can’t quiet figure out how to to spread the wealth, just let me know. Otherwise, enjoy the windfall!

5)  Afraid I'm in the "have to pay" boat this year as well.. It's not much but, still have to pay.

6)  Jointer and maybe a bandsaw for me.

7)  Good choices I got a bandsaw for Christmas an I don’t know how I got by so long with out it. The jointer I still haven’t convinced myself I need it yet to drop the money on it

8  I will tell you that it's another purchase that you just won't regret!

9)  The real trick is figuring out how to use your tax return to buy a bunch of tools, then write them off next years taxes.

10)  You went with the laguna if I remember correctly?

11)  Yes I went with Laguna 14/12. I was dead set on the Rikon 14” just off of reviews an reading online. WhenI got to the store they had them both side by side. I was comparing the Laguna just edged out the Rikon just seemed to be built a little more solid. Now don’t take that the Rikon was made cheaply. I actually like the way the fence system on it better an table tilt. The Laguna has a much higher table that I really like.

12)  That is funny you mention that. I did the exact same thing and came out completely opposite. I was set on the laguna and left thinking the rikon was the way to go. Table height is a big deal for me. Not that I’m overly tall but all machines seem to be built for the 5’8” guy. Being 6’3” I raise all my machines up to a more comfortable height. The rikon that I looked at was a good 2” taller at the table than the laguna was. Both didn’t have a mobile base on them. I really liked the fence adjustment on the rikon over the laguna as it was really smooth. I will probably hunt on the used market for a while to see what shows up

13)  Agree I like the fence on the Rikon better to