Title of the document

2X4 wood rack

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by bushwacked

Went cheap and decided on 2x4s and had a mix of a few ideas I saw. No clue how much it will hold but I'm hoping it's got enough screws and glue to hold up haha. 

Working on tearing down drywall and and will hang some wood siding to help making hang things easier. 

20190426-101101.jpg

20190426-110017.jpg

20190426-172511.jpg

Had some extra 3 1/2" screws so each of the 4' sections got almost 40 each lol

Now I'm curious how to mount to the studs... Will screws work or will I need some more heavier duty mounting equipment?

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Follow up posts

1) I just got back from HD ... Bought these ... This work?

20190427-180817.jpg

2) I would be afraid of the small head on the ones you picked up. Put any substantial weight on your lumber rack and the small heads could pull through. Thats the reason I recommended the construction lags. The heads on the lags are about 1/2 inch in diameter. The are designed to take big loads.

3) Some washers might help..

4)I got some washers as well to hopefully stop that from happening.. hopefully

5) Got it hung up and the wood moved ... 

20190428-145557.jpg

Cleared up a good deal of space as well... 

20190428-145509.jpg

So it's slowly coming along now getting it in shape to have a room to work again. 

Next up is getting rid of the other storage shelf and clear up that whole wall so I can put my jointer and DC and hopefully soon my new bandsaw there.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus