Title of the document

LOCKDOWN

Thread transferred from previous forum - Origianl Post by Puka

Original Post:

New Zealand goes into lock down 12pm Wednesday.

So I'm officially on Holiday for the 4 weeks of said lock down starting Wednesday 1pm NZ time. I will be running silent for the next month or longer [Since I only use this forum while in the city at work].
For the next 4 weeks I will be working around home and doing much needed maintenance about the orchard. Lucky for me I live in the country on a large parcel of land. For all the other city dwellers they will be stuck inside.
Only able to drive to the super market.

The Sheeple have been panic buying since early last week. Even though our glorious leader has stated on national TV that there isn't and won't be a shortage of food and that everyone will be allowed to go and buy food if they follow the rules.

Looks like I will be getting a lot of shed time and Zwifting in.

Hope you guys are all good. Stay safe, take this shite seriously and we will service.

First time I have ever walked into a shop with my face covered in a bandana and not had some one tell me to me to take it off. The rubber bands on my face mask broke. My other choice was a full face respirator mask. If this shite gets any worse then I might be wearing it, along with gloves and a full body spraying oneze suit. 

PS...I looked through the list of symptons for the Corona virus. According to this I have had the Corona virus for the last 3 years or more. The only sympton I haven't had is the fever. But everything else i have regularly, most of them once or twice a day.

Follow Up Posts:

1)  Best of luck to you, stay safe!

2)  They have mentioned a shut down here in Houston but as far as I can see, there is no definition. Don’t know if we can’t go to the gas pumps, grocery stores or the the potty, if we’re fortunate enough to have tp. Good luck everyone.

3)  Stock up on TP.. For some reason, that's what flew off the shelves here...lol

4)  I always find the run of toilet paper at times comical. In this case it isn't even a symptom, so I guess it is just the situation scares the crap out of people.

5)  I think people assumed that they would be locked in their homes and not allowed to shop for essentials.  Now, on the comical side, our local stores all put out notices that the items were non-returnable.  So, those people that bought truckloads of the stuff can just enjoy it for a while as the rest of us get back to more normal..

6)  So its a global this this need for a shed full of TP. Like I have enough now to last me to the middle of the year. And if for some odd reason I run out there always a hose out at the pump shed.
I've never seen used TP returned.

7)  Birmingham,Al just joined the locked down cities today at 5pm. Apparently I’m essential because construction is exempt from the order all together. So I’m still working now til this crap gets bought on to the site then we are all screwed. I’ve noticed this trend in about 50% of the states/cities that have these orders in place include construction. I don’t understand it the median age for construction worker is 55 so I’m guessing they are trying to kill us off. End of rant sorry

8  Man I have mixed feelings on all of this. I understand why they shut places down, but it is hard to some of the reasoning. I feel some of it is political.  My kids have been out of school for about 10 days of the 30 that they are shut down for. Talk is around here that the kids might be done with school for the year. Sure hope not. Really racks up the daycare bill. All the bars and restaurants, hair salons, tattoo parlors are shut. Yet you drive by a wal-mart or grocery store and they are packed. This whole fuel price drop is just weird and not good for anyone. Just a messed up deal all around. I go back and forth on being scared to death for people with health conditions and saying the heck with it and let’s move on. This is going to have some long term effects on the global economy and I don’t believe we have see the worst of it yet. 

I like to look at numbers and statistics, if my theory is somewhat correct we should be through the worst of the infected counts in the next 7-10 days, just going off the numbers of other countries. Idk if all our social distancing will slow that down or not. I do understand why they want to slow it down for the health care system but also want it sped up to be done with it. 

Sorry for the rant and bringing politics here. If I am out of line please let me know. 

9)  I’m about on the same page as your line of thinking also. I’ve got a lot of the same feelings. The state shut my wife’s work down so she has been home with the kids the whole time so no extra money there. She is driving my crazy with all her worrying. An some of my fear I guess is my crew I lost a guy last week to a car wreck I had worked with 10+ years. An I have two other guys with me that are 60+ yrs old. I guess I’m more in the camp of shut absolutely everything down but police an hospitals for two weeks an see who all is sick an treat them. I know a lot can’t play for 2 weeks with of food at home an afford that long off without a check so.....

10)  This whole thing is tough!  It also really depends on where you are.  If you're in an area like I am, you tend to take it less seriously because everyone is spaced out so far.  Now, if I were actually working in a refinery right now, I really do think I'd view things very differently.

Like you, my wife isn't working right now either as she's in the school system.  Most likely, she'll be out the rest of the year.  If I don't work, we'll be tight.  We'll make it but, we will definitely be tight!

11)  I agree with a lot of this.  I think the media is responsible for the panic a lot of people are feeling.  The government (Federal, State and Local) were way to slow to react.  When China refused access to the CDC and WHO when this first started, we should have locked our borders, immediate quarantine of returning citizens.  Not saying this would have stopped it but this went from Asia to Europe to the States.  Until all people can be tested, we aren't going to have solid figures or if new cases are declining.  

My wife is a nurse and her unit is basically shut down, except for patients needing procedures that are in the hospital already, but she has floated to other departments.  I don't have any higher level of concern with her bringing home.  I believe most people have but won't show symptoms.  Personally I'm am getting fatigue on hearing about things.  

As for schools, I don't think kids will be back until mid to late April.  These first 2 weeks will be a test, and I don't think the teachers or students are enjoying it.  My son hates it, his learning disability doesn't help, kids are basically having to teach themselves and actually do work.