Laguna Driftmaster DX III

Chet

I recently added this fence to my Laguna 1412 bandsaw, replacing the OEM fence.  I have used it for a couple of month and thought I would share a review of sorts.  But then I got a notification from the Wood Whisperer and it turned out to be a video of Marc reviewing the same fence so I figured I would drop the link here and you can watch it instead of me Blah, Blah, Blahing.

By the way I am real happy with the fence, way better then the original.

• Like 3

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

8 hours ago, Chet said:

I recently added this fence to my Laguna 1412 bandsaw, replacing the OEM fence.  I have used it for a couple of month and thought I would share a review of sorts.  But then I got a notification from the Wood Whisperer and it turned out to be a video of Marc reviewing the same fence so I figured I would drop the link here and you can watch it instead of me Blah, Blah, Blahing.

By the way I am real happy with the fence, way better then the original.

As usual, Marc did a pretty nice job with the review.  I recently added this fence to my Laguna 18" band saw to find similar results to mark.

If I had a complaint about the fence, it would be the flex in the tail end of the fence.  I do think this is more of an issue with trying to cut veneers with the thick portion of the board to the fence vs cutting the veneers at the fence.  Marks's review also has me wondering if I missed something in the set up which I will promptly check when I get home which may change my thoughts on the flex.

But for now, my only complaint is on the flex of the outboard end of the fence.

That's interesting, I haven't noticed that but tomorrow I am going to check.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Curiosity got the better of me so I went and checked,  I get about 1/16" flex if I push harder then I ever would when resewing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chet said:

Curiosity got the better of me so I went and checked,  I get about 1/16" flex if I push harder then I ever would when resewing.

Interesting..  I'm not home to verify but, know I get more than that.

Regardless, that's why I think it makes a difference if cutting with the thick side of the board to the fence.  That's where I tend to apply more pressure when resawing.