Another Cutting Board

Kev

Part of my routine before I travel for work is to thoroughly clean the shop.  I had a bunch of long narrow off cuts left from the desk cabinet project that were too small for another furniture project.  There was a lot of them so, would have also just been cumbersome to try and hang on to.  I really didn't want to burn them so, I decided to just toss together another cutting board.  I didn't even pay attention to the grain durning the glue ups.  Re-cut and flipped up for end grain and added the bear paw using the slab stitcher..  About 2 hours of actual work with the rest of the day spent waiting for glue to dry.

Measures 13" X 13" so, a little on the small side but, a good use of scrap that was destined for the fire pit.

image.thumb.jpeg.0f269503ce653f1f2aa47ea68728c234.jpeg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Kev said:

Measures 13" X 13" so, a little on the small side

I made three that were about 10" X 10" and a touch more then 1" thick a few years back.  We use them as trivets for hot dishes at the dinner table.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

3 minutes ago, Chet said:

I made three that were about 10" X 10" and a touch more then 1" thick a few years back.  We use them as trivets for hot dishes at the dinner table.

Nice..  A lot of these little things that I make out of scrap just get stored until we need a quick gift for something.  Ultimately, we're hoping to do the Farmer's Market one of these years when I'm home.

I like the trivet idea and will have to make a few of those as well, thanks!