Pay Attention to the Little things!

I've been noticing for a while now that my DC at the table saw just isn't what it should be.  About a week ago, I cleaned out the inside of the saw and noticed that the small DC hose inside was completely  clogged.  I removed all the stuff from there which included a few thin pieces that had gotten wedged in as well.  A real sign that I need a new 0 clearance insert!

Well, the problem persisted yesterday and I just worked through it with intentions of heading out there this morning to finally resolve this issue.  Once again the small hose was clogged but, it was all fine dust this time and all Sapele which tells me that it was a little better after the last attempt at a fix but had to be clogged elsewhere.  I completely removed the 4" hose and immediately noticed it was a bit heavier than it should be.

Here's 1/2 the clog.  The other 1/2 actually made it into the garbage can..  Seeing the walnut, this could have gone as far back as the conference table build..

image.thumb.jpeg.837e8ab16a2c4b44fdd9e64db4c93266.jpeg

Fortunately, it's a really nice morning here so, after sweeping the bulk of the dust and debris up, I opened the big door, put on a respirator, and went to work with the leaf blower..

Lesson learned!  Pay attention to the little things before they become big things!

Running the air filter in the shop for a while and then I'll get back to the desk.

• Like 1

I am not seeing the picture.

• Thanks 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

23 hours ago, Kev said:

How about now?  I redropped the pic in..

Yes.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus