Title of the document

Frustrated with Rockler

Thread transferred from previous forum - Original Post by Kev

Original Post:

I ordered the hinges for the upper cabinets from them.  Apparently, they went on back order right after I made the order and I never got a notification.  I could have canceled my order and been done by now.  Instead, I wait!
Needless to say, I don't see me ordering much from Rockler in the future!

Follow Up Posts:

1)  I have never been real impressed with Rockler's order system. It always seems to take a week after placing the order for them to even ship. There is a new Lee Valley in Reno Nevada.  I am getting stuff I order from them in two days now, almost faster then Amazon.

2)  I’ve never ordered from Rockler as there is one not too far from my office and I find the service there to be very good, but I can see where this experience could leave a bad taste.

3)  I tried to follow up on my order today and couldn't even get ahold of anyone in customer service. They told me I could leave a message and they'd get back to me.
Pretty unhappy and will be looking elsewhere to spend my money in the future!

4)  Just spoke with their Customer service..
Hinges came to them today and they're not going to ship until Monday.  
Rockler is just not interested in my future business!

5)  As a follow up on this thread... I needed a couple 4' sections of T-Track for the new miter station and really did NOT want to order from Rockler! The problem is that not all T-Track is the same so, I was concerned as all my other T-Track is from Rockler.
I took a chance and ordered from Amazon and they arrived today. I was pleasantly surprised that they're identical to the Rockler T-Track and take the regular toilet bolts.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DB45LLY/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will be looking for more options outside of Rockler in the future!

6)  A good source for T Track is Orange Aluminum. Good prices and they do fit Festool clamps. I totally get the stuff you have fitting the Rockler track.

7)  Yea, that's my issue!  If I were starting from scratch, I'd pick something and stick with it but, now with my current dislike of Rockler, I was really taking a chance!
I'll have to take a look at "Orange Aluminum" and maybe order a little to test drive it compared to what I already have.  I'm certainly not stuck on a color!

8  I just went to order a chunk from "Orange Aluminum" and their price is great! The problem is their shipping! A little less than 9 dollars for a 4' chunk was great! 18 dollars for shipping wasn't tolerable.
Perhaps on a large order the shipping wouldn't be so bad.

9)  Agree that for a small order the shipping cost stinks.  It really needs a bulk order to justify, but how much track does a guy need at 1 time.  

10)  One more follow up.. I ordered more on Amazon and they just arrived before Rockler's.. Also, they were about 1/2 the price of Rockler so, word to the wise, shop around a little.

11)  Rockler sent me an email yesterday asking for a review..lol. Not too sure they'll be pleased with the review that I left!

12)  They will not be swayed by your scathing review, they will however notice your online presence, then they will send you a whole bunch of free stuff to update review and will try to make you 1 of the gang. This is how they get all the non savvy shoppers go pay double.

13)  As much as I really want to cut all ties with them, I think it's a smarter move to just let it be for now. Would be just my luck that I'll cancel everything from them and end up needing some particular object and looking like a heel.