Title of the document

Table saw arbor washer

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by tmize

I have a rigid 1412 table saw for 3 years now an I’ve noticed that the washer is getting harder the to get on the bolt. Kev made a comment of another thread that got me thinking about it. I don’t have any problems getting all my blades on just the washer now started about a year ago I guess it has my puzzled on what it could be. It has a lifetime warranty is I guess I could just call customer service an try an get a new washer. Any ideas I know metal does expand an contract with temp but It been a year thru both extremes and didn’t make a difference 

Follow up posts

1) It might not be the safest thing to do but I did it to my pm as the arbor would hang blades or the washer up at times, I took some scotch brite pad and cmt blade cleaner, turned the saw on and buffed the arbor threads some. Seemed to clean the pitch and get some rust off.

2) That is something I haven’t tried think the whole Tim it was the washer

3) Cleaning up the threads is a good idea but, chances are the issue is with the washer.. Clean the arbor hole up.. Sandpaper stuck on a dowel and put in a drill would be the quick easy way..

4) I tried The sandpaper on a dowel also run a debur bit on both sides of the washer. Then used some carb cleaner an brass brush on the arbor itself. I’ve check the washer with a straight edge an it’s not twi

5) Check the arbor (after cleaning) diameter and then the hole in the washer..

6) I guess it is time for me to get a micrometer

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus