Title of the document

Do we have a new competitor?

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Woodenskye

I wonder if this will be competition to Grizzly and others.  I have heard really good things about their dust collectors.  This is the group that bought Bridge City Tool Works.  Is this going to be quality at a competitive price or just another cheap clone.

www.harveywoodworking.com/collections/ambassador

Follow up posts

1) I seen them come across my email today.  Did check out their website.  Not sure what to make of them yet.

2) If I was in the market for a new saw, I would be tempted to give this a shot. Then again giving it time may be prudent.

3) Interesting! They also have a saw they say is 4hp in that 3k range so, might also be some good competition for SS or PM as well. If/when the current PM craps out, I might just give them a try!

4) They look legitimate to me. Maybe that should be kev’s new replacement saw

5) I would certainly give it strong consideration as I think I'd be looking at Grizzly.  I would have to research some more but, my quick preview looked pretty good for the money.

6) It certainly looks good for the money, and I would give it a shot.  The other TS they have looked good as well.  It looks like they are trying to get into both the mid range and higher end cabinet saws.  I would be curious if they will have at Woodcraft to inspect since they appear to be a dealer.  Too bad the closet Woodcrafts are 90 minutes away.

7) Agreed..  Personally, I don't think I have the following to reach out to them to test drive one or do a review on one either but, I would certainly love to do it!  I also can't justify 2 table saw in the shop but, in reality, I've always wanted 2 because I hate changing out to the dado stack 

8 ) Doesn't hurt to ask.  If you spoke to the right person and showed them the debacle of the first PM you may get to do a test drive.

9) Might be worth an email but, I wouldn't really expect a response.

10) I remember reading a article on them after they bought bridge city. They seemed like a stand up company. That grew from a small company to a very high tech manufacturing firm over a short time in business year 10yrs or so. I can’t wait to start seeing some reviews. I don’t see my needing a new ts anytime soon. I do like new tools tho

11) UST DO IT!!  

I know you don't believe your following is large enough, but with this forum, the other forum, your videos and the PM issues, if I was the marketing director for Harvey, I would definely consider.  You are honest and it comes across in your videos.  Outside of Marc, you are 1 of the few who aren't running a SS.

12) I really appreciate the kind words!  It's truly humbling to hear them!

I will drop them a note.

13) 2 table saws back to back with an out feed table between. Plant a power feeder on the saw with the dado stack. Oh have I thought about this topic 

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus