Title of the document

INCRA

Thread transferred from previous forum - Original Post by Puka

Original Post:

If you haven't used their GEAR you SHOULD!

I brought this LS Positioner for my Sliding Panel Saw earlier in the year (MAY), it landed at my house about 3 months later (Don't ask why it took so long. Another story). But anyway I finally needed to use it the other day so I mounted it to the side of the sliding panel on my sliding panel saw and this is what it looks like.

See Photos Below

The fence isn't INCRA but none other than magswitch as are the feather boards and associated Rocklers fasteners which aren't really that compatible with Mag-switch [BUT when you do the bolt up tight enough everything is compatible].

So far there is absolutely no lateral movement in the fence. It is rock solid which I can't say about the fence which came with the panel saw. One reason I'm not using it, the main reason its seriously way to big for the small amount of room I have to operate this saw in. This saw is designed for cutting up standard size panels (4 feets by 8 feets) or 1.2m by 2.4m. No room for any of the other crap that came with the saw either I only had the room I had for that tray you can see on the left side of the slide panel which was needed so I could attach the stabilizer arm (which u can just see below it).

Any who. . . blame it on TIODS he was the one who introduced me to INCRA.

Their stuff is pretty cool. I'd definitely buy more of their gear if i had the room to use it.

Follow Up Posts:

1)  This is a door I just finished making for my Bush Hut. . . still working on the window surrounds. It just stopped raining and since its lunch time. I'm going to do a runna and see if I can get to Super Cheap to buy some more wood clamps. I ran out last night gluing up said window frames. Ran out of the small clamps. While I'm their I'm gonna order a pizza from the Dominos pizza shop next door. Then when I have finished shopping for wood toys I'm gonna go get my lunch and eat it. (see photo below)

2)  The Incra LS positioner is a great unit, there's a few here that use it..

Looks like a sturdy door for sure!

3)  Well the Pizza wasn't all that tasty to be honest. I did however buy some more clamps. Not as many as I was hoping though. They were almost all out. Usually when I'm in there to buy other stuff they have oodles of them, but when i want to buy clamps they have hardly none. So I'm guess Murphy probably buys them just to pizz me off.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG