Title of the document

PM2000B stock blade

Chet

Submitted on eh old forum by Frank

Waiting for my new PM2000B table saw to arrive. Wondering if the stock blade that comes with the saw is any good?

I usually use a Freud 80 tooth crosscut blade and am wondering if the stock blade could be a good rip blade for 1" stock.

Follow up posts

1) Welcome to the forums!

I was actually pleasantly surprised at the quality of the blade.  I normally run a Forest WWII and will again but, not until the stock blade is in need of sharpening.

I've run 1/4" stock up to about 16/4" stock with it and it's done well.

2) Welcome to the forums.

3) OK great to here that the stock blade is decent. I already purchased a sharkguard for the over table dust collection. Should be all set tomorrow when the saw arrives.

Thanks for the reply!

4) Happy to help!  Hope you have fewer issues than I did with the saw!

I have more replacement parts arriving Monday on mine.  

5) Frank, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new saw!

6) Just finished assembling and tuning up saw. Everything looks good so far. 

T Glide was a bit too tight - fixed that up with some umhw tape.

7) Curious exactly what you did here as mine is also a little tight?  Even the repair guy they sent me noticed it and was able to adjust a little of it out.

8 ) I loosened the two teflon screws in front of the fence and then added some umhw tape where t glide fence metal touches the front of the front rail. Initially this was really tight and felt some metal grinding on the front rail. After I loosened the teflon screws and added the tape the fence glides very smoothly.

9) Sorry, I meant to say loosen the two screws that adjust the fence squareness and not the teflon screws.

10) Thanks.. That's what I thought but, wanted to be sure..

11) Kev,

Adjusting the teflon screws also might help as sometimes it helps clear the table and also shifts a bit of weight of the fence to the back of the saw.

Curious to know what replacement parts you needed for your saw? Everything felt bang on except for the fence. Even checked the belt and it was perfect.

12) I know we talked about this in another thread but, here's the list.

1.  Extension (black) table - Original wasn't flat.  First replacement wasn't flat.  Next one arrives Monday
2.  Power switch - Saw just shut off for no reason. - First replacement broken.  Next one arrives Monday
3.  Fence plates - All 4 corners broken - Replaced but, they were on back order for 2 months
4.  Door - Known issue with PM.  Replacement worked fine
5.  Riving knife - Not replaced yet but, mine is very finnicky to remove

13) Wow.

I never tried the riving knife as I bought the sharkguard and I really like it so far. Could you please elaborate about the door as I did notice that I had to lift it a little to get to close, but I thought how often do I need to go into that door. My table only has the 36" extension so I think there was less chance of them getting wrong.

How long before the power switch stopped working for you?

Really sorry that you had a bad experience with a great saw.

14) My extension table (the black one) is only 36" as well and was bowed nearly 1/4" in the middle.

My door had the same issue but, was further off and wouldn't close.  The repair guy that came said this is common and the easiest fix it to simply add a washer to the top of the hinge pins to lift the door into proper alignment.

The power switch issue started about a week after I got it.  PM sent me a new switch.  The repair guy opened the box with the new switch to find it broken in shipping.  He pulled the "old" switch off the saw and took it apart.  He found some loose wiring in it that could be the problem but, I didn't get enough time at home to test that theory.  So, in the mean time, PM is still shipping me another new switch.

In the end, I think I just got a lemon.  Because of my shipping (delivery) difficulties and the fact that they're sending the repair guy to me, I'm hoping when I get the stuff taken care of that I'll have a good saw?  However, I've now had the saw 6 months and it's still not right.  Some of that is on me because I travel for work.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus