Title of the document

Bandsaw Blade Questions?

Chet

submitted on the old forum by bushwacked

What brands should I be looking at? I have really only ever used Timberwolf blades for a 1/2 and 3/4 blade ... However with the new bandsaw coming in a few months once the general 10% sales kick in, I am curious what else yall have used and like. 

I am thinking of getting a resaw king ... for obvious reasons of resawing.
but what about the smaller 1/4 blade?

Do I need anymore blades other than a resaw blade and then a small blade for everything outside of resawing/ripping 

Follow up posts

1) Nothing wrong with the Timberwolf blades, especially considering the cost!

The Resaw King's are very nice too and last quite a bit longer..  

As you may or may not know, I run 2 band saws in the shop..  The 14" is set up with a Timerwolf 1/4" 10tp1 blade and I primarily cut curves on this saw.  The 17" saw is set up with a 1" Resaw King 3tpi and I use it for resewing and cutting straight lines.

2) I use both the TimberWolf and the Wood Slicer in the 1/2” and 1/4” and have never had one break. Both of the brands in 1/2” do a great job in resawing.

3) I have several Wood Slicers and they have given me good service and like Ken I have never had one break... hope I don't regret saying that.

4) Thanks guys. I think I'll stick with those then since they seem to be well received.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus