Title of the document

Makita power tool compatibility question

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by bushwacked

I have had the white set of Makita drills for years now and I went to HD to get some stuff and walked out with another drill. However it seems the new drill doesn't except the old battery even though they are both 18v ltx series drills with the Stars on them..any idea why? Now I have to buy newer batteries and it's like a whole other brand of tools now with multiple batteries. 

image.jpeg.d62361d50453075898def37ebd6cf92a.jpeg

Follow up posts

1) They are different lines. The white takes the LXT battery platform.

2) Yes, that is where I am confused ... They both say LXT... 

3 ) That is weird, I have the black and white version so never looked that closely.

4 ) Yep. Both 18V with the star too. It was a good reason to buy this though lol... 

Makita BL1850B2DC2 5.0 Ah 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Battery and Dual Port Charger Starter Pack www.amazon.com/dp/B01MDKWI32/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_VllXCbGN0G96B

5) New batteries came and charger ... The big batteries fit my white ... 

So it seems the original white batteries don't work but the new ones fit all which is cool!

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus