Title of the document

3rd party dust collector filter

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by bushwacked

Looking for a better filter than the standard 5 micron bag on my jet DC. I think it was coop or Chet .. maybe? .. that had the 3rd party filter I just have no idea where that post was. 

Any ideas on the website / brand? 

Thanks!

Follow up posts

1) Wynn Filters made about the best..

2) Drew, my dust collector came with the canister filter but the filter was made by Wix. This is the brand that I hear mention on the forums. Mine is a 1 micron, I believe.

3) Thanks guys!! I will take a look

4)  wynnenv.com/products-page/woodworking-filter-pricing/35ba222nano-cartrid

Thinking of that little fella

5) Yes sir, that’s the one I have. 100% better than the bag! The bag reminds me on Linus of Peanuts, when you turn the machine on.

6) Confused on the install ... Do I need to order extra stuff that they have listed? I was assuming the materials they supply with it would be enough...

7) Is your dc the same as the one in the link you posted? I mounted mine to a HF system. It came with some cheap turnbuckle hooks. I ended up buying some ratcheting straps to hold it down.

8 ) After searching around a lot I finally found the info. I have to build the donut addition they speak of to use mine.

9) Ordered the Wynn filter last night. Apparently the new ones don't need donuts they come with some new mounting gear so that's cool. Hopefully doesn't take too long to ship

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus