Title of the document

Clean Plywood Cuts

Thread transferred from previous forum - Original Post by Puka

Original Post:

Quick question. How do you all cut plywood without it splintering along the edge? The blade on my cordless (De Walt) and none cordless (Bosch) are pretty sharp and they aren't finishing blades.
They always rip chunks out of the edge opposite the blade. I don't have time to keep swapping the blades over and I'm not entirely convinced a finishing blade would fix the problem entirely due to using finishing blades on panel saw doing the same thing.

I'm thinking that maybe if i scour the cut line with a sharp knife and then do the same 3mm offset it might stop this.

Any thoughts from yoall?

Follow Up Posts:

1)  I bought the diablo 7 1/4 60 tooth blade and they are amazing for not splintering! They do take quite a bit of power to run tho.  I have cut quite a bit of birch with mine and have less splintering than I get off my table saw with a 48 tooth. 
www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-7-1-4-in-x-60-Tooth-Fine-Saw-Blade-D0760R/100627136 

2)  I use a track saw and that eliminated the problems with normal circular saw. You could put blue painters tape on the cut lines. Also a higher tooth blade has worked in the past.

3)  Agree with woodenskye. .. High tooth count and painters tape. I also like my track saw!

4)  That’s the method I use. But sometimes plywood just want cut without splintering. I think it all depends on the outer veneer thickness

5)  And remember to put the finished side down when cutting.

6)  Cool. . .But just so as you know I'm thinking that the nearest Home Depot to me is probably going to be in San Diego. Which is as the crow flies approximately 10,538m away or 5,690 nautical miles. If I were to drive that then it would be a lot more round about. Since I'd have to get a container ship to Australia, Papua new guinea, Indonesia, Malaysia etc...china, Siberia and across to Alaska and then down.
So yeah nah not going to drive.
Yes I did remember to put the good side down after I buggered the first one. Luckily that good side that got chipped will be sitting under a wall.
But anyway I tried the link to the Home Depot anyway and I got an OPS
WE'RE FIXING IT.
Your search has found a page that's not responding.
We'll have this patched up as soon as possible.
Anyway Its 5pm and I have to get home to start sorting stuff for Pick Your Owns tomorrow.