Title of the document

West Systems Epoxy

Thread transferred from previous forum - Original Post by Kev

Original Post:

Sorry for being a little long winded but, this is just how my morning is going..

Needed a little bit of epoxy this morning for the current project.  Got a good pump of resin in my cup only to find that my fast hardener was empty.  No big deal, I'll use the slow hardener..  Well, that one small cup of epoxy wasn't quite enough so, I went back to the resin only to find the pump was stuck in the down position..  Again, no big deal, I keep an extra pump around just in case.  I changed the pump out but, the new pump wouldn't actually pump any resin.  I pulled the pump out and stuck a stick in the can only to find the bottom 2/3 had gone bad.

I was able to pour out of the can to get what I needed but, that's a first for me.  The previous 2 shops didn't have constant heat and the WS always held up well. 

Follow Up Posts:

1)  Did this can exist in one or both of the old shops... if so maybe some sort of odd reaction to finally having stable conditions.

2)  This can was purchased a little over 2 years ago here in Montana..  So, it's only been through 2 shops..
I had forgotten I bought this can here when the original can was pretty much empty..
Although this one went bad way too early, I'm only on my third gallon in about 10 years..