Title of the document

Ice Fishing

Thread transferred from previous forum - Original Post by Jamie

Original Post:

Sorry guys haven’t been around much with the holidays. My shop is currently turned into ice fishing central. Went on a little trip last weekend with some friends and neighbors. Headed up into Minnesota about 5 hours from home to find good ice to be on. We have been above normal temps here and have 0 safe ice to be on.  Here’s a few pics from the adventure.

Follow Up Posts:

1)  Nice fishing trip to cold for me tho?

2)  I thought Ice fishing was a myth like Eskimos?
So what that electrical thing hooked onto your fishing line?
We don't get weather cold enough down under here for that sort of carry on. Maybe occasionally on the odd Lake in the South Island but you could till never do it like that. Not enough fish in the waters. And if you did you'd have the local ranger on your ass for poaching.

3)  No myth. It really does happen! One of my favorite past times. It can get cold but that’s what the tent and heater are for. There were tons of people out on the lake while we were there. Am surprised that there is as many fish as there are. 

the electronic item you asked about is a velilar. It is a sonar that is real time and super sensitive. Can pick up micro organisms in the water. Use it to see where in the water column you jig depth and to let you know if there are fish in the area. We were fishing about 20ft deep and the device at that depth shows about a 5ft coverage of the bottom. Would have a really hard time fishing without it. 

4)  So let me get this straight. While you sit in a tent on a frozen lake fishing. You have a super sensitive device you hook onto you fishing line so u can listen to fish having orgasms?
So is that just fish orgasms or other things having orgasms?

5)  I think you misread that..  Pretty sure he said organisms

6)  Semantics. Orgasms organisms they all sound the same to me. MEH!

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg