Title of the document

Clamp Waxing

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Coop

This probably goes without saying, as simple as it is. I asked Kev if he did anything out of the ordinary to his clamps when gluing up panels with epoxy and he told me just Johnson’s paste wax as always. Well, I wax my tables but never thought about waxing the clamp bars. It actually makes them slide easier too. I’ll find out about the epoxy tomorrow. 

Follow up posts

1) Ya mine are pretty messy I'll need to do some major cleaning before I can wax them ... 

Although... How often do y'all feel you need to wax? Everytime you have to wipe glue off or what?

2) I wax mine once or twice a year. Not globs, but I do put a decently thick coat. It helps with removing glue and keeping them sliding nice. I use Jet clamps by the way. No experience with Bessey parallel.

3) I wax mine two or three times a year. I don't wipe the glue off the clamps, It just pops off after you take things out of the clamps. So when you project glue is dry so is the glue on the clamps.

4) Great tip!

5) Follow up. The epoxy squeeze out just popped right off the bars.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus