Title of the document

Another Greenhouse

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Puka

I know we have all built a green house or two before. But here is my first.

A couple of pictures so far. I put the posts in a few years ago and then my project stalled. I brought some wood a couple of weeks ago to get things moving again. 

START.JPG      PROGRESS.JPG

Before                                                                  One wall framed up.

The goal is hydroponics. Nutrient Film Technique. So flat pipes not round ones. using round pipes is called NOT NTF.

So anyway...what aren't I going to grow. Wacky Weed. 

I intend to grow vegetables. The usual sort you get in the shops that cost an arm and half a leg.

Lettuce, beans, corgettes, tomatoes etc. . .

The Other Side.JPGDid this the other night. So that's bother sides now. Tomorrow being Saturday, I'm gonna go into ITM and pick up the rest of the wood to finish the framing. I have the cladding already so all that's just waiting for a frame so it can be screwed down to it. 

Then it will be a matter of sorting out the vents along the top and the sides.

I have some of those heat activated rams. So need to figure out how to mount them, they will go into the roof along the ridge. 

So when it gets hot they will all open and then when it cools off they will close while the side vents will be manual.

Seriously sweating at the moment as we are in a DROUGHT. Haven't had a decent amount of rain since before November last year. [Not counting that down pour we had the other week in Taranaki] different part of the island to where I live. Wish we'd had that rain here.

Tomatoes get planted in November'ish. But as Kevin Said we're pretty much the opposite of you guys. 

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus