Title of the document

Sometimes you just have to laugh

Thread transferred from previous forum -  Original Post by Chet

Original Post:

I have been working on a shop project which is involves plywood.  Yesterday I was setting up the dado stack to cut some groves.  While putting on the stack I dropped the arbor nut down the vacuum chute under the blade.  To get to it I have to open the door on the side of the saw and disconnect the hose and reach down the hose and fetch the nut.  But to open the door I have to move my outfield table which is easy because it is on wheels and move my bench which is not on wheels and is heavy, not Roubo heavy but heavy enough.

After retrieving the nut and before putting the table and bench back I sweep the floor under those two things.  Got the nut on and did a test cut and decided to had a thick shim to the stack to get the fit I wanted.  This time I didn't wait until I was putting the nut back on to drop it, I dropped it taking it of and down the chute it went again.  But this time the whole process was faster because I didn't have to sweep the floor. :D

You are now free to laugh at me.

Follow Up Posts:

1)  Pretty sure we've all been there! I did it the other day but, I only have to move the sled rack and it's on wheels as well.

2)  I drop the table saw nut every time I change blades! Lucky for me on the ol 66 the dust collection is crap and all I have to do is dig through a foot of saw dust to find the nut back.

3)  Chet, I understand that as you get older, mistakes repeat themselves so I have spare arbor nuts, should that ever happen to me!  :D

4)  Yea but leaving in the dust shut it would be just my luck to have that thing get sucked into the impeller and create havoc.

5)  Yep..  Don't need that nut shooting through the impeller on the DC!

6)  Just kidding! Besides, I’m too cheap to buy multiple.