Title of the document

Another Cutting Board

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Kev

Had one to get done for a client..

Cherry and maple with a Padauk and walnut stripe..

IMG_0177.jpg

Follow up posts

1) Simple, yet elegant!

2) Nice board Kev!

3) Thanks!  As long as the client is happy!

4) Heres some of mine

Botryoides (Red wood) Pohutakawa (Dark Wood).

Made this for my mommy as a replacement for hers which fell apart after about 15 years or so.

This made from recycled Totara (came out of some boards pulled from a House demolition).

This one is made from Botryoides (Red wood) and the black wood is maybe Kilwa. The wood was cut from a shelf out of an old office desk.

5) Well done Puka! Where are you from?

6) WOT you do is go to the new member section and check the thread called Kia Ora. 

All will be explained in there. 

A few hints 

I live on a small island (archipelago) in the South Pacific. . .

We're known for our small flightless birds that have these big long beaks.

National sports include cricket (which is seriously BORING unless its a 1 day 20  20 match, which is slightly less boring).

Rugby (which is a full contact ball sport where the players DON"T wear protective pads).

Rugby League and Seven's (which for a rugby game is actually not so boring.

And the chicks play Netball (also seriously boring).

Any game which is actually fun to watch is not a main stream sport so not worth the national TV chain's money to broad cast so its played only via pay per view on SKY. 

Other less well known sports but still international with a few other countries include sheep shearing, Wood Chopping and Sailing (I think we currently have the Americas Cup).

We have Mountain Food festivals that have mountain oysters for sale, but only mountain men eat these and I am definitely not a mountain man. Though I do like mountain women.

Figured out where I'm from yet?

7) And I even read and responded to your bio! Getting old brings with it a new day. So you’re From Louisiana, eh?   New Zealand is actually on my bucket list. 

8) Very nice boards Puka. I typed that very same thing yesterday, but I guess I didn't hit reply after typing. 

9) Louisiana I'm guessing is some place in the America's I'm not familiar with. Are you talking North America, Central America or South America? America is a big land running from Alaska down to Chile with many different peoples, food, music and wood. 

New Zealand on the other hand is no where near that however we are quite close to this hot flat land called Australia. As for bucket lists. I have plastic, nylon and stainless steel buckets, big ones and small ones. Used for holding paint through to washing the car and feeding the chickens.

This is a small end grain cutting board made from European Spruce. The technical term for this type of timbre is called Dunn-age.

10) Louisiana is a state in the USA. It was purchased along a zillion other square miles from France in 1803 for little of nothing. Luckily for Texas, it was divided up into several other states. Darn nice folks and great cuisine. So I guess the timber got it’s name from Crocdile Dundee? Oh, darn neat looking cutting board! 

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus