Title of the document

X Training Jump Box

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Puka

My sister in(Out)Law is a Cross Train freak which means my little BRO is too (hesthe one who married her). Anyway she had a birthday celebration on Sunday and I decided that instead of forking out a stupidly silly sum of $300 odd I could build a jump box for whatever time it took me a few screws some glue and a sheet of 18mil ply.  

Saturday I went to one of my local building supply stores and brought a couple of sheets of 18mil non structural non treated ply $120. The sheets were even straight, though one of them had a slight de-lamination at one end. Nothing a bit glue wouldn't fix, only because i couldn't be bothered unloading the wood from the cart and back onto the showroom floor.

When i got home i had to have a sit down and a hot cuppa and so forth because it was starting to get silly hot again and because i can. But after a while with the sun beating down on the ply i knew that i better get my A into G or the sun would Fark it so I got busy. Bonus was that my Dad showed up right about then to give me a hand, so we both got stuck in.

Not as easy as i thought building this box, cutting all the bits out was easy it was what came after that took the time. Saturday was doing the main sides. Sunday I did the jointing edges, the ends and the internal bracing. Plus the gluing and the final screw up (i love cordless power tools). I recently had to use an old fashioned screw driver to undo some screws and redo them, took me forever.  

Loaded the (almost finished) box into the truck and drove it around to my parents place and presented it to my sister in law. Why is that some women when they get excited want to hit you? I might post anything else i make to her next time. Save on bruises. 

After the shin dig i brought it back home, it sits on my work bench waiting for to be finished. Sanding and a coat or two of sealer or some such. 

PS I used my Android phone as a pattern to trace around for the hand holds. This also allows their young kids ample room to post their toys through and loose them inside. 

PSS. This is the explanation...when i get a chance I'll post the pictures i took while I built the box. NOT DOING ANOTHER BOX. This one sucked the big one. 

PSSS. I'm going to have some lunch!

PIC01.JPG
The xtra deck space on this imported Ford is outstanding....

PIC02.JPG

As you can see. . .full size sheets.

PIC03.JPG

This is me in my new safety kit. Was getting tired of dust in my eyes. 
My old goggles used to ride up when as they sat on the nose of the old breathing regulator. The dust would drift up underneath. 
BUT NOT ANYMORE!

Now i don't give a S h i t e nothing gets in except air.
PIC04.JPGPIC05.JPG

PIC06.JPG

PIC08.JPG

Marked the cut line with a couple of blade cuts about 3 mm apart.

PIC09.JPG

After the skill saw cut there was no up lift of the top lamination. Experiment worked.

PIC10.JPG

PIC11.JPG  PIC13.JPG  PIC14.JPG

PIC15.JPG

Getting ready to mark out the interlocking side joints.

PIC16.JPG

The plan

PIC17.JPG

mmmmmmmmmm Monkey Butt Powder.

PIC18.JPG

These took me ages to do, Sundays job.

PIC19.JPG

This is PUSS PUSS he's my supervisor. He comes in every now and then and checks over my work.

PIC20.JPG

The first end in place.

PIC21.JPG

Android hand holds. I love these clamps. . .

PIC22.JPG

Final Screw up.

PIC23.JPG

Ready to be presented to the Party Girl.

Follow up posts

1)   What's the box for?

2)   There's these strange people that do this thing called exercise, they jump up on these boxes for some reason to stay fit.  Lunatics, somebody should teach these whack jobs about the benefits of the 12 oz curl.

3)   12 oz curl..  I thought that's what exercising was?  There's been some days I was feeling extremely buff and had one in each hand..  That always makes me sore the next morning though 

4)   I’ve been using one of these for years   ! 

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus