Title of the document

Steamer Trunk

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Chet

This is a project from the past but I thought I would post it here just to see how posing photos worked and to add something to the section.  I did this in cahoots with Kev, working together on both in my shop.  Rockler's plans were a challenge and gluing up the top were a challenge but the end project was nice.  Cherry and Walnut. 

IMG_5615.jpg     IMG_5620.jpg

Follow up posts

1) Chet, that is a really great looking piece. And there’s the bookcase that you so graciously help me with on my build. I probably warted the heck out of you on that one?. And as an added extra, there was NO WAY to apply a finish to the book case by hand so convinced my wife that a Mini Mite was absolutely necessary for my hobby. Thanks for the twofer!

2) That project was a lot of fun and chewed up a lot of hours!

Mine is now prominently displayed in our living room! Although, when we built them, I didn't know where mine was going to live!

3) Ours is in the living room also instead of a coffee table.

4) This is actually how mine sits in the living room.. Right up until I travel and take that blanket with me! 

Floating Shelves Thumb.jpg

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus