Title of the document

More site stuff

Kev

Here are some live demos of the software:

demo 1: https://demo.ipsviet.com/chatbox/room/2-demo-1/

demo 2: https://demo.ipsviet.com/chatbox/room/3-demo-2/ 

demo 3: https://demo.ipsviet.com/chatbox/room/7-demo-3/

demo 4: https://demo.ipsviet.com/forums/ - this one operates a lot like facebook.com in the way you can have chat bars open in the bottom right corner of the page. These can either be group chats or one on one chats with certain people. Let us know what you think!

Screenshot_21.thumb.png.2a2368eea78ac6edf888f6d4ee4c9c5a.png

• Chat boxes display on bottom right allow member to chat with each other.
  • Multi chat at same time.
  • Permission for who can use the private chat.
  • Ability to select skin for each box.
  • Load more messages on scroll up (or down).
  • Easy to find member name to start the chat.
  • Sound notification for new message.
  • Report messages.
  • User online status.
  • Minimize and close chat boxes.
  • Ban settings.
  • Supports Clean Text Input with emoji, Youtube, URL, images, audio files, Giphy plugins,
  • Supports Lazyload images.
  • Interval in milliseconds.
  • Flood control.
  • Message length limit.
  • Permission to edit/delete messages.
  • Fully responsive - will adapt to mobile, tablet, desktop.
Edited by WebDesigner
Additional Information

2 minutes ago, Kev said:

Question..

Would I be able to drop private videos in this chat software?

you can link a video, however not through the forum site that would require a special video section from within the forum. Which we can also get, This feature acts like discord in a lot of ways but is just a chat software for 1 on 1 chats. If we wanted video support for that we would need a video plug-in, which would then allow users to upload videos and such.

• Thanks 1

Having a chat room can be good and bad.  When WTO had it, it was fun, could get instant answers, build friendships, but it also had its drawbacks.  A lot of people got hurt feelings and became a giant PIA for Marc and the mods.  Between the group that is active here, it would probably be fine.  If a giant influx of members come here, it could be great a first until a line gets crossed.  All that to say I’m not for or against. 

9 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Having a chat room can be good and bad.  When WTO had it, it was fun, could get instant answers, build friendships, but it also had its drawbacks.  A lot of people got hurt feelings and became a giant PIA for Marc and the mods.  Between the group that is active here, it would probably be fine.  If a giant influx of members come here, it could be great a first until a line gets crossed.  All that to say I’m not for or against. 

Fair points and there were some things with the WTO one that I didn't like and would have changed if I were an Admin then..  I'll definitely take my lessons learned from there for here..  Also, the technology has improved quite a bit since that one so, I think we'd have a bit more control to ensure all were following the forum rules which should also apply to any chat software.

I'm currently leaning towards trying it..  I think I can try it for 6 months before I have to renew it for another 6 months..

MPO, at WTO I just didn’t type fast enough to follow most conversations. I probably would try it but don’t count on me as a regular participant. I’m not really sure of what it provides that the forum and PM’s don’t. They didn’t have such a thing when I got my learnens! 😀

• Thanks 1

The chat software is in!  As you guys get the chance, it would be great if you'd test it and just make sure things are working properly..

There's currently 2 features that we're using..

1. Chatbox - You'll find this in the lower right corner of the screen.  If you click on that box and type in the member you wish to chat with you will open another box that looks and feels much like Facebook private messaging.  You could legitimately do pretty much the same thing using the mail feature of the forums but, the Chatbox is actually much more simple.
  2. Chat Room - You'll find this in the blue bar at the top.  This is just a big open room where all registered members can pop in for live conversations.  All forum rules apply here..

I'm sure there will be some bugs to work through..