Title of the document

Ideas on mud room walls

Bushwacked

Soooo when we built the mud room we had a great idea for in the wall storage. Brooms and mops and stuff. Thing ls we though would be small enough. However all the mounting options we found don’t really help keep things clean looking and in the wall. 

first idea we had was a cork board door that we could pin stuff to if we needed. Well with having a door on there doesn’t leave much room at all. So the cork board (left) is just sitting there waiting to be turned into a smaller board for my daughters room to tack stuff onto it. 

10879113-0A10-40CF-A8AE-6E98E6308EDB.thumb.jpeg.30a16af46301b451c98e346cbaf563e7.jpeg1BD1F83A-8660-42AC-B49F-61164D00AD7B.thumb.jpeg.b0984aa7813f26c11375ccac0c2460a6.jpeg

do y’all have any ideas on getting stuff in there? Mounting hardware? Would it be ok for some stuff to stick out a little? 

Interesting room design/dilemma!

For starters, if things stick out a little, it is what is is.  Unless you find a product that works that also fits your space..  Our vacuum lives in a spare bedroom for this very reason.

As for tool holding, I came across these recently from the fire fighting industry for mounting tools on the trucks that looked pretty cool..  I've seen them on the trucks but, haven't had the chance to really test drive them..

https://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Products-RC10S-Small-Rubber/dp/B000FL45TG/ref=sr_1_39?crid=3CY3KN7IHK9K0&dchild=1&keywords=fire+truck+tool+mounting+brackets&qid=1629770105&sprefix=Fire+Truck+Tool+%2Caps%2C315&sr=8-39

• Like 2

Mud room the place in the house that holds all the crap you don’t want seen.  I don’t mean this in a mean way, but you can build stuff.  Find creative ways that meets your needs. Buy some hooks, and see what works.  If the handle is to long, you could drill a hole for the handle.  Or if you want to spend money, slat wall may work.

Both my houses have had basement an you just tend to buy more crap. If you have extra no matter how much extra you think it is you will fill it up an wonder where it all went. 

I’ll be starting a mud room type build in our garage here this winter. My wife has been designing for close to 2 years now. 

• Like 2

I think what kev showed would work better. We have the once’s that coop linked an they work great for about a year then you just have to keep fiddling with them to lock in place. Of course we have kids an they could have just broke them an I just haven’t noticed enough. 🤔

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tmize said:

I think what kev showed would work better. We have the once’s that coop linked an they work great for about a year then you just have to keep fiddling with them to lock in place. Of course we have kids an they could have just broke them an I just haven’t noticed enough. 🤔

20 hours ago, Coop said:

Hah! after reading Tmize comment I will skip this one for now since I have a 7 and 5 year old so they need to be a little tougher. 

20 hours ago, Kev said:

Interesting room design/dilemma!

For starters, if things stick out a little, it is what is is.  Unless you find a product that works that also fits your space..  Our vacuum lives in a spare bedroom for this very reason.

As for tool holding, I came across these recently from the fire fighting industry for mounting tools on the trucks that looked pretty cool..  I've seen them on the trucks but, haven't had the chance to really test drive them..

https://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Products-RC10S-Small-Rubber/dp/B000FL45TG/ref=sr_1_39?crid=3CY3KN7IHK9K0&dchild=1&keywords=fire+truck+tool+mounting+brackets&qid=1629770105&sprefix=Fire+Truck+Tool+%2Caps%2C315&sr=8-39

ordered 1 of these to test out and see how it goes. will order more if they work as good as they look to in the pictures.

Will let you know my thoughts once they get installed ... they show up on Thursday so I think Friday I should have time to get to it.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

Hah! after reading Tmize comment I will skip this one for now since I have a 7 and 5 year old so they need to be a little tougher. 

ordered 1 of these to test out and see how it goes. will order more if they work as good as they look to in the pictures.

Will let you know my thoughts once they get installed ... they show up on Thursday so I think Friday I should have time to get to it.

If it can be broke, kids will figure out how to do it by (accident)😆

• Haha 3