Title of the document

How would you go about these 2??

Bushwacked

FF18CB3B-AE02-40BD-AC16-8FC9DD0DCA4B.thumb.jpeg.2216bee606c9b7c65cc96762ae1d8211.jpeg

so just came across this … it got me thinking about how to make that rounded bottom. 

Am I over thinking it? Is it just a big round over bit on the bottom? 

#2… 

8F4259E3-2896-4E35-A3D9-FE25D1A5C4A5.thumb.jpeg.73f99a86dbd66b6cd5a82a81ccbc24d7.jpeg

how would you cut a 10* bevel on a rounded edges? 

been a learning morning so far trying to figure these out haha. 

21 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

it got me thinking about how to make that rounded bottom. 

I would use a round over bit in the router with a bearing.  I myself would probably use a hand held router as apposed to the router table and have the bottom side of the table top up to do the work.

• Like 2

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

4 hours ago, Chet said:

I would use a round over bit in the router with a bearing.  I myself would probably use a hand held router as apposed to the router table and have the bottom side of the table top up to do the work.

Ok was thinking that … but it looks like a 6/4 to 8/4 top. That’s a hell of a round over bit. Yes, take small passes and work your way up but still a beast. Assuming like a 1” round over bit or so. 

35 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

Ok was thinking that … but it looks like a 6/4 to 8/4 top. That’s a hell of a round over bit. Yes, take small passes and work your way up but still a beast. Assuming like a 1” round over bit or so. 

It is hard to tell from the picture but I would use a table edge profile bit.  Depending on the depth of cut the bit will provide a round edge and give the appearance of a thinner table.  Used on the bottom surface it will  leave a flat, sharp edge on the top.  I use it in a hand held router, sneaking up on the depth of cut I want.  When I made this kitchen island I wanted a gentle slope to the edge,  and used the bit on the stop surface.  The table top was a strong 6/4.  

isl2.JPG.d33465bb0dd98e13a67d66eca3411cd7.JPG

• Like 2