Title of the document

New Badges

Kev

I'm sure by now, you've all noticed the new badges that came with the recent software update.  Obviously, these are intended to promote activity on the forum.  Personally, I don't give 2 hoots about them.  Unfortunately, there's not a lot I can do with them.  I can alter the requirements to earn them but, I can't artificially bump someone's numbers to show they earned the badge.  I can, however, give the badge and the only thing I see is that it was manually given.  And, of course, I'm pretty sure I can turn them off.

Up to you guys if you just want to leave them as it, reset the requirement numbers lower, manually assign the badges to the regular posters, or turn them off.

I also see that there's a natural slot to get a "mentor" badge.  I think it's currently set at 13k points.

I'll also be honest in that I don't fully understand what it takes to get a "point".  I'm assuming posts, likes, etc earn points but, I haven't found much info on these new badges.

• Like 1

I could care less about them, but it seems kind of silly to make someone a mentor just cause they talk a lot ,lol

4 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

but to add a wee bit of humor. We don’t need no stinking badges!

Wish I had thought of this.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

5 minutes ago, Chet said:

I could care less about them, but it seems kind of silly to make someone a mentor just cause they talk a lot ,lol

I don't disagree.. However, someone that active at a minimum can regurgitate what the smart ones have said 😉

4 minutes ago, Coop said:

Is there a legend as to what each badge represents?

If you hover your mouse over them, they give you some idea of what they are..  Some are pretty silly like "first post" etc...