Title of the document

Shop Safety

Kev

9 minutes ago, Coop said:

And after the comment about the pin on the router table, perhaps I should rethink about working in the shop barefooted? 😳

lol..  I've gone round and round with a few on this subject..  I don't know how you do it but, to each their own I suppose..  Maybe I've just spent too many years as a "safety guy" and seen too many injuries caused by improper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).

1 hour ago, Coop said:

And after the comment about the pin on the router table, perhaps I should rethink about working in the shop barefooted? 😳

I am going to be blunt and say I think this is dumb.  I always wore steel toe shoes at work but I saw a couple of people that didn't, drop knives and have the tip of the knife go right through their shoe leather.  Right after I retired the company made steel or carbon fiber shoes mandatory.  I would think a well sharpened chisel could do the same damage, especially bare foot.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Hey bud, I accept your bluntness and totally agree! Unlike most of my family that can’t walk across carpet without some sort of shoes on, I hate the confinement. Home from work prior to retirement and it was shoes off, regardless of the next step or condition. I definitely need to reconsider. 

• 4 months later...