Title of the document

Shop Safety

Kev

9 minutes ago, Coop said:

And after the comment about the pin on the router table, perhaps I should rethink about working in the shop barefooted? 😳

lol..  I've gone round and round with a few on this subject..  I don't know how you do it but, to each their own I suppose..  Maybe I've just spent too many years as a "safety guy" and seen too many injuries caused by improper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).

1 hour ago, Coop said:

And after the comment about the pin on the router table, perhaps I should rethink about working in the shop barefooted? 😳

I am going to be blunt and say I think this is dumb.  I always wore steel toe shoes at work but I saw a couple of people that didn't, drop knives and have the tip of the knife go right through their shoe leather.  Right after I retired the company made steel or carbon fiber shoes mandatory.  I would think a well sharpened chisel could do the same damage, especially bare foot.

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden

Hey bud, I accept your bluntness and totally agree! Unlike most of my family that can’t walk across carpet without some sort of shoes on, I hate the confinement. Home from work prior to retirement and it was shoes off, regardless of the next step or condition. I definitely need to reconsider. 

• 4 months later...