Title of the document

Router Bit Cabinet

Kev

I say my comment knowing you have already shot and edited this series.  

With most of your projects you always bring to the forum looking for feedback on the design or other aspects before you start.  I know we had a good discussion about this particular project.  I wonder if it would help with traffic to the forum if you linked the discussion in the show notes and also made a quick reference on camera to the discussion.  It seems like a simple way to bring up the forum to people that may not look at the show notes.  You have to do what fits your style, but this just seems like a way to promote the forum for 15-30 seconds on camera.  Just my $0.02.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

I say my comment knowing you have already shot and edited this series.  

With most of your projects you always bring to the forum looking for feedback on the design or other aspects before you start.  I know we had a good discussion about this particular project.  I wonder if it would help with traffic to the forum if you linked the discussion in the show notes and also made a quick reference on camera to the discussion.  It seems like a simple way to bring up the forum to people that may not look at the show notes.  You have to do what fits your style, but this just seems like a way to promote the forum for 15-30 seconds on camera.  Just my $0.02.

It's a fair observation and comment!

This project was shot several months  months ago due to my work travel.  Not all of these projects end up published for a multitude of reasons.  A quick search in the private area will show those projects that haven't ended up published.

A change I'm contemplating is moving these projects out of the private area into the public area once the videos are shot  and set on my publish schedule rather than when they're published.  Although, I don't normally run as far ahead as I was able to this year.  This year, I was nearly 6 months ahead of schedule which is not even close to normal!

47 minutes ago, Kev said:

It's a fair observation and comment!

This project was shot several months  months ago due to my work travel.  Not all of these projects end up published for a multitude of reasons.  A quick search in the private area will show those projects that haven't ended up published.

A change I'm contemplating is moving these projects out of the private area into the public area once the videos are shot  and set on my publish schedule rather than when they're published.  Although, I don't normally run as far ahead as I was able to this year.  This year, I was nearly 6 months ahead of schedule which is not even close to normal!

I know you bank videos for while you travel, and you have a bunch not yet released.  This was a suggestion more for the future.  Also since you have these in the bank, this is a good opportunity to do a IG post or better a short video talking about the next video release.  Before the next series, you could do a video promoting the forum and the discussions.  

As for the moving projects from the private area, that’s 100% your call.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

I know you bank videos for while you travel, and you have a bunch not yet released.  This was a suggestion more for the future.  Also since you have these in the bank, this is a good opportunity to do a IG post or better a short video talking about the next video release.  Before the next series, you could do a video promoting the forum and the discussions.  

As for the moving projects from the private area, that’s 100% your call.

A filler video for promotion is a great idea but, nearly impossible since I'm on the road with nothing more than my cell phone..  I'm just not tech savvy enough to pull off these on the fly posts..

To post on IG or TikTok all you need is your phone.  The goal is to just shoot a quick update video, it doesn’t need to be professionally edited.  I’m guessing how you look at work and in the shop is similar.  The script would be something like.

Hey this is Kev on Friday I will be releasing the next video on the Router Bit cabinet on my YouTube channel.  Also have discussions about my projects on my Forum, check out both the links are in my description.

Then you # different woodworking terms.  In total may take 5-10 minutes.

You should be able to add links in your profile for both your channel and forum.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

To post on IG or TikTok all you need is your phone.  The goal is to just shoot a quick update video, it doesn’t need to be professionally edited.  I’m guessing how you look at work and in the shop is similar.  The script would be something like.

Hey this is Kev on Friday I will be releasing the next video on the Router Bit cabinet on my YouTube channel.  Also have discussions about my projects on my Forum, check out both the links are in my description.

Then you # different woodworking terms.  In total may take 5-10 minutes.

You should be able to add links in your profile for both your channel and forum.

Wish it were really that simple..  

The issue is working 12 or 13 hours in a place where I can't have my phone and doing that every day.  I typically hit the hotel, shower, eat, chat with my wife for a few minutes and crash..

The points are well taken but, they'll have to be planned out a bit or I can't pull them off..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kev said:

The issue is working 12 or 13 hours in a place where I can't have my phone and doing that every day.  I typically hit the hotel, shower, eat, chat with my wife for a few minutes and crash..

The points are well taken but, they'll have to be planned out a bit or I can't pull them off..

ahhhh ya that does put a damper on things ... although maybe going forward these quick little blips are noted down in the projects to do, so really once its time to toss on IG or whatever, it takes a min to do since you have everything and no need to think about anything at that time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

ahhhh ya that does put a damper on things ... although maybe going forward these quick little blips are noted down in the projects to do, so really once its time to toss on IG or whatever, it takes a min to do since you have everything and no need to think about anything at that time.

Absolutely!  I should have been doing this long ago!

• Like 1