Title of the document

Bedroom Armoire

Coop

Is the base wider than the top?  If it is, I would center the top on the bottom and not add any stiles.  I would think that may look strange.  If they are the same, then adding the stile should work, but you may have a new issue that if the stiles make the leg look really chunky, may through off the design/result you want.

• Like 1

Bryan, go back to the pic I posted 17 hours ago. That pic shows the upper cab and leaning against and in front of it is the dry fitted legs and rails ( no stiles) of the bottom section, and the panel is not in this yet so you can see thru it and see the stiles of the upper. So so far, there are no planed stiles in the lower section. 

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Bryan, go back to the pic I posted 17 hours ago. That pic shows the upper cab and leaning against and in front of it is the dry fitted legs and rails ( no stiles) of the bottom section, and the panel is not in this yet so you can see thru it and see the stiles of the upper. So so far, there are no planed stiles in the lower section. 

Coop. I looked at that photo several times before my first response, it is hard to tell exactly what the width difference is between upper case stile and legs without the panel.  From the angle of the photo it looked like both assemblies were the same size, which is why I asked if the top was narrower than the bottom.  You answered top is 1” difference.  So if you add the stiles to the bottom assembly, how wide will they be?  Are you going to have them flush with the legs or thinner so to create a reveal for lack of better term?  If flush that led to my comment about legs being chunky.  

• Like 1

Ok I’ve read thru this way more times than I care to admit 😁. I think if you make the rear leg wider so the panels line up at the rear only will solve the portion issue you are seeing. The front will still offset that is normal in on stand furniture. You could either do I wider leg or add a stile next to the leg to match up with the width of the of the stile on the cabinet. 

Let me know if I’m close on what you was asking. 

• Like 2

On just about every project I build, I try and incorporate something new. I liked the way Kev notched his legs to receive the dust frame so I thought I would give it a try. I went back to his dresser build to see how he made a router jig to cur these. The best I could tell, he used a guide bushing in his router. I have 4 full size routers and my guide bushing set only fits the plate of one of them. That router only has 1/4” collet and the only 1/4” shank straight cutting bit I have, is not long enough to get the job done. I’ve already driven 50 miles, round trip to Rockler so I thought about my dedicated mortiser. With a little chisel cleanup, I’m happy with the outcome. Just shows to go ya, there’s more than one way to skin that motha! 

79D17C5C-6EDF-4C3E-9512-0A06DF89670A.thumb.jpeg.3fb74043439977df83dc534f82835fc4.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Coop said:

On just about every project I build, I try and incorporate something new. I liked the way Kev notched his legs to receive the dust frame so I thought I would give it a try. I went back to his dresser build to see how he made a router jig to cur these. The best I could tell, he used a guide bushing in his router. I have 4 full size routers and my guide bushing set only fits the plate of one of them. That router only has 1/4” collet and the only 1/4” shank straight cutting bit I have, is not long enough to get the job done. I’ve already driven 50 miles, round trip to Rockler so I thought about my dedicated mortiser. With a little chisel cleanup, I’m happy with the outcome. Just shows to go ya, there’s more than one way to skin that motha! 

79D17C5C-6EDF-4C3E-9512-0A06DF89670A.thumb.jpeg.3fb74043439977df83dc534f82835fc4.jpeg

Nicely done!  And, you're correct, there are multiple ways to get the job done!

Looks like it's time to order a router bit or 2...lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coop said:

I almost hit buy and went back and realized you didn’t link it thru your affiliate page but I will. Thanks for the recommendation as the Bosch router is my go.

Yea, it's being added as we speak..  Appreciate it!

7 minutes ago, Coop said:

Probably me but when I click on your affiliate page, it takes me straight to my Amazon page, unlike before where it took me to your recommended products and then I can search for other stuff. 

That's interesting but, it works..lol

1 minute ago, Coop said:

So I can be rest assured that if I click on your affiliate page, then you will get credit? I will be ordering a new tv and mount next week which will have a greater impact and want to make sure

Yep, that's how it works..  Much appreciated!