Title of the document

Nightstands

Kev

9 hours ago, Coop said:

How was the wedding? Is there a pic of you in a tux? 

No tux for me on this one..  Just a suit with a tie.  I'm sure there will be pictures but, none that I've seen yet.

Here's a picture of Collin and the bride (Sophia) during their first dance..

IMG_1316.thumb.jpeg.0468d329d9611fa02a0b10b9e47db90b.jpeg

• Like 5

Also, the wedding was held in a really nice location!  Farm setting with a lot of antiques..  I stumbled across this and grabbed a picture for you guys..  No clue how old it is but, the vise still functions.

IMG_1313.thumb.jpeg.c9ef9deb7e9c289b19035c0d65f68e03.jpeg

• Like 2

All the company from the wedding will be gone today!  Can finally start getting back to normal!

Although, I did find out yesterday that I'm heading out for work on the 10th to Iowa..  Short job this time though and should be home by the end of the month..

12 hours ago, Kev said:

All the company from the wedding will be gone today!  Can finally start getting back to normal!

Although, I did find out yesterday that I'm heading out for work on the 10th to Iowa..  Short job this time though and should be home by the end of the month..

Iowa? What town?

Just now, Jamie said:

Each of them are about 3 hours from me. Hopefully you bring some rain along with you! 

Not much of that here either..  Not sure what the schedule is going to look like but, maybe we can do lunch one day?

My treat and you can bring your wife..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kev said:

Not much of that here either..  Not sure what the schedule is going to look like but, maybe we can do lunch one day?

My treat and you can bring your wife..

Yeah I was going to say the same thing!  With the lack of rain my schedule is pretty free. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Yeah I was going to say the same thing!  With the lack of rain my schedule is pretty free. 

Schedules are pretty hectic for me on these jobs so, we'll probably only get one shot at it..  I'll stay in touch

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2021 at 9:50 PM, Coop said:

Series well worth waiting for from one that had a sneak peek at all of them! 

For those that didn't get the sneak peek, the first video is up and available.   It's a much more indepth look at my design process and how I get to a functional shop drawing to work through a project. The bid sheet is also now available on my website for free for doing cost estimates on projects. This is an Excel file so, you'll need Excel to use the sheet.

• Like 1

Kev, watched the first video, and I thought you provided a lot of really good info, and your sketch up technique was new to me (but I’m also not good at it) and will need to try it sometime. These types of topics seem really hard to condense in video, and makes the video seem really long, but like I said it was a lot of good info, and now you can always refer to it later. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

Kev, watched the first video, and I thought you provided a lot of really good info, and your sketch up technique was new to me (but I’m also not good at it) and will need to try it sometime. These types of topics seem really hard to condense in video, and makes the video seem really long, but like I said it was a lot of good info, and now you can always refer to it later. 

Agreed!  It was long and I didn't do any joinery...lol. I probably could have made the Excel sheet a video all its own.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for part 2 on the nightstand series which I call “Lumber Selection and Milling”. An in-depth dive into how I select lumber and grain patterns for projects as well as how that effects milling that lumber.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Coop said:

Great video Kev. It’s probably to be assumed but not mentioned and obvious if you zoom in on your router at about 3:25, but a bushing guide was used in the router bottom plate used in conjunction with the jig. 

Yes..  I think I'm going to drop that video this next week on how I build those jigs and how they work.

Here it is for you guys if you haven't seen in..

• 2 weeks later...