Title of the document

New BS Sled

Kev

No pictures yet, sorry...lol

I'm not sure I'm going to video this one..  I got started on it today and, so far, it's pretty much the same as the last video I did for the old bandsaw.  This may change some as I figure out the clamping and details but, the original design holds firm.

I'm leaning towards adding the changes to this to my 3rd quarter Q&A video..

Pictures will be coming today as the sled is essentially done..  Just waiting for the glue to dry on the little handle I added to the slide.

I've figured out the clamping and will explain better when I have the pictures added.  There might be one more change to the hold down screw as right now I think I have to remove it to get the sled out.  Had I of made the sled much wider, this would not have been an issue.

Glue was dry enough...lol

Here's the new sled.  Really no difference from the old sled so, there won't be a new video or plans.  I just don't see the need.

IMG_1253.thumb.jpeg.1138ef139d5d22a64c7561f74d99218c.jpeg

As discussed before, I was concerned with the clamping.  @Chet suggested using my bandi-clamps to secure it to the round fence rail.  I could have made this work but, it was a pretty good stretch for them and a bit cumbersome.

So, I found that the quick clamps still work, you just have to go all the way to the bed.  Where the rail mounts to the bed, there's flat spots there that work perfectly for the quick clamps.  I was even able to flip the right side one to keep the shaft out of my way when using the jig.

IMG_1254.thumb.jpeg.f9f1dd87ea96910ea2aa43207f477dc7.jpeg

And I added some graduation marks to the slider just for reference.  Most of the circles cut on these are in some form of a fairly round number.  I thought about routing a groove and adding a stick down tape which I might still do..  We'll see.

IMG_1255.thumb.jpeg.9bf5f802b290d406934d82e5778c9951.jpeg

No close up of the tightening screw yet.  You can see my cobbled together solution on the right side in the first picture but, I'm not completely satisfied with this option.  It's functional but, not ideal.

Oh, and I glued on that little piece of AM ply to the end of the slide just for a handle..

• Like 4