Jump to content
Title of the document

Recommended Posts

I almost had 1 today, I was walking through HD and the price of lumber and sheet goods stopped me in my tracks.  I need a 2 x 6 x 12 PT board to do a down and dirty repair on our deck, price tag $22.  I looked at sheet goods, 7/16 OSB $48/sheet, 1/2” sheathing $74/sheet, 3/4” maple ply $68/sheet.  It’s a good thing I’m not building or doing any remodeling projects. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

I almost had 1 today, I was walking through HD and the price of lumber and sheet goods stopped me in my tracks.  I need a 2 x 6 x 12 PT board to do a down and dirty repair on our deck, price tag $22.  I looked at sheet goods, 7/16 OSB $48/sheet, 1/2” sheathing $74/sheet, 3/4” maple ply $68/sheet.  It’s a good thing I’m not building or doing any remodeling projects. 

An untreated 2 x 4 here is running nearly $12.00!  It's becoming the running joke here that the pressure treated is cheaper than the non pressure treated..lol

In reality, I can buy Alder or Poplar cheaper than I can buy construction grade lumber.  I can also buy BB Ply cheaper than I can buy AC ply. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had an add on done and completed a couple of months ago. I liked the contractor’s work so much that I asked him for a bid in November to build a portico addition upon completion of the add on. Two months ago, I released him from his bid as he would have taken a hickie and I would probably gotten wonky lumber that we couldn’t return. We’ll look at it again in a couple of months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spanky said:

It's about time the poor ole sawmill guy's have started making a little money. LOL

Don’t blame you for taking advantage of this opportunity.  When you start driving a Ferrari to the mill then we may have a problem!  

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Coop said:

Having met both Rickey and Spanky, the Ferrari ain’t gonna happen. Rickey’s too tight and Spanky wouldn’t stand for it! 😀

I've met both and I think one of them would take a Ferrari to the kiln!  The hat gave him away 😉

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I met his wife and I think she keeps a pretty tight reign. She told us that she doesn’t have to pull on the chain but just rattling it gets results! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Coop said:

I met his wife and I think she keeps a pretty tight reign. She told us that she doesn’t have to pull on the chain but just rattling it gets results! 😀

In other words, she drives? 😉

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 12:05 PM, Kev said:

 I can also buy BB Ply cheaper than I can buy AC ply. 

why is that? Seems craaaazy if that is the case. might need to go load up on some BB haha. Been awhile since I have been to my dealer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

why is that? Seems craaaazy if that is the case. might need to go load up on some BB haha. Been awhile since I have been to my dealer.

Because AC is typical "construction" material.  The cabinet industry hasn't been hit like the construction industry.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Red oak is cheaper then a twisted 2 X 4.

  • Like 1

“If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?”  John Wooden

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...