Title of the document

Heart Attack

Woodenskye (Bryan)

I almost had 1 today, I was walking through HD and the price of lumber and sheet goods stopped me in my tracks.  I need a 2 x 6 x 12 PT board to do a down and dirty repair on our deck, price tag $22.  I looked at sheet goods, 7/16 OSB $48/sheet, 1/2” sheathing $74/sheet, 3/4” maple ply $68/sheet.  It’s a good thing I’m not building or doing any remodeling projects. 

51 minutes ago, Woodenskye (Bryan) said:

I almost had 1 today, I was walking through HD and the price of lumber and sheet goods stopped me in my tracks.  I need a 2 x 6 x 12 PT board to do a down and dirty repair on our deck, price tag $22.  I looked at sheet goods, 7/16 OSB $48/sheet, 1/2” sheathing $74/sheet, 3/4” maple ply $68/sheet.  It’s a good thing I’m not building or doing any remodeling projects. 

An untreated 2 x 4 here is running nearly $12.00!  It's becoming the running joke here that the pressure treated is cheaper than the non pressure treated..lol

In reality, I can buy Alder or Poplar cheaper than I can buy construction grade lumber.  I can also buy BB Ply cheaper than I can buy AC ply. 

We had an add on done and completed a couple of months ago. I liked the contractor’s work so much that I asked him for a bid in November to build a portico addition upon completion of the add on. Two months ago, I released him from his bid as he would have taken a hickie and I would probably gotten wonky lumber that we couldn’t return. We’ll look at it again in a couple of months. 

13 minutes ago, Coop said:

Having met both Rickey and Spanky, the Ferrari ain’t gonna happen. Rickey’s too tight and Spanky wouldn’t stand for it! 😀

I've met both and I think one of them would take a Ferrari to the kiln!  The hat gave him away 😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Coop said:

I met his wife and I think she keeps a pretty tight reign. She told us that she doesn’t have to pull on the chain but just rattling it gets results! 😀

In other words, she drives? 😉

12 minutes ago, Bushwacked said:

why is that? Seems craaaazy if that is the case. might need to go load up on some BB haha. Been awhile since I have been to my dealer.

Because AC is typical "construction" material.  The cabinet industry hasn't been hit like the construction industry.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Spanky said:

What's the Famous Houston Woodworker working on now?

You’d slap me and poor buttermilk in my face if I told you. See my latest in project journals. 

How the heck have you been? I understand that Tennessee walnut is cheap right now? I’d like to have some of that myself