Title of the document

Cross Cut Sled

Chet

Submitted on the old forum by Chet

Well as most of you know I have a lot of time on my hands right now so I find myself consuming some extra YouTube videos and I ran across this one.  It is fairly long at 44 minutes but it moves along pretty well.  He has some interesting add-ons to your typical sled.  I think that if I were to build a new sled I would incorporate some of them.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

Follow up posts

1) I have seen this and agree it has some interesting things, however I wonder how much it becomes a pain switching between tasks and if any accuracy is lost. Kind of the jack of all trades, master of none deal.

2) I'm not sure that you'd loose too much accuracy as the fences aren't being moved.  You may gain some gap in the 0 clearance over time but, they would be easy to duplicate.

For me, I can probably count on one hand the number of times that I wanted my dado stack with my cross cut sled.  Also, the panel sled opens up the use of the stack as well.

One thing that I did like was the T-Track in the base for holding small parts.  Again, not too sure how often that would get used but, it was a more appealing feature for my shop and flow that the insert.

Regardless, it's a nice sled!  You just need to really think about the work you do and your flow to decide if a sled like this is right for you.  Props for a nice build!

3) Agree on the dado part.  I just don't know if I would want to change so many times.  I also like the t track.

4) I think the track and clamps would be nice for thin pieces that would be hard to hold tight to the fence because of the height of the fence especially for someone who may have smaller hands or even someone that may be dealing with some arthritic.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus