Title of the document

Picture Frames..

Kev

With the recent passing of my brother and my dad as well as some of my wife's family in town, I probably won't be working on the bed until the end of next week as I need to spend a day doing picture frames..  I'm shooting for 5 in one day!  I'll post pics along the way as I'm not going to film it.

I also have to fly out to Louisiana on Monday and won't return until late Thursday night..  I'll try to pick up Wenge next Friday to get the bed done before I leave for Oklahoma on the 25th..

Let the fun begin...lol

Got in the shop at a decent time this morning and found some scrap Walnut and leftover Red Gum..  Walnut for the frame and Red Gum for the inside detail..

First glue up in place for the thin strips of Red Gum.  Once cured, I'll get everything to thickness and cleaned up..

IMG_1216.thumb.jpeg.b3c12e2b19e73d5c3182ab068c8f2f35.jpeg

• Like 1

Next up, I set up a stop block on the sled and cut the second side of each frame part.

IMG_1219.thumb.jpeg.1fb81ed3ec9b4482f1fdee7fcaf58305.jpeg

Then a little glue and a band clamp

IMG_1220.thumb.jpeg.0e3f067802914d139b7673c659befa0c.jpeg

I didn't do any grain matching on these..  They are totally random.  The only thing I did there was to pick the best side of each board.

• Like 4

Got them sanded and ARS on them. Will let them cure and then hit them with some lacquer in the morning..  Sorry there's only one in the picture..  With the bed build going on, shop space is at a premium right now so they're spread out pretty far in the shop..

IMG_1224.thumb.jpeg.04ce03f5db8e92314e609c5eedf51ee5.jpeg

That's a wrap for me for today..  I'll let those cure while I pack to head to Louisiana on Monday..

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Coop said:

Very nice with good tight joints! 

You headed back to the POW camp in Louisiana that you were at earlier this year?

lol, I was in 2 of them earlier this year...  But, no, I'm going to Lafayette to test some new equipment for the company.  I'll be home late Thursday night.

Last coat of lacquer on!  I had to get creative on where to spray them and keep it away from the bed build.  I'll cut some backs for them later today but, I'm not sure if the recipient even needs them.

IMG_1225_HEIC.thumb.jpeg.fa5a1a943dd10785ccab7363188df659.jpeg

• Like 3

Well, these have been sitting here for a bit waiting for the pictures to arrive as well as for me to finish the stuff up that needed doing..

I need to dust them off but, grabbed a quick picture of the frame with the pictures in them and the backs on..  The 3 on the left will be shipped to Georgia with the Urn and the one on the right is for my house.

IMG_1252.thumb.jpeg.f07e5cb42017dd899ad8dbaea069b954.jpeg

• Like 4