Title of the document

Rockler Rant

Kev

Those of you that know me know I'm not a very big fan of Rockler.  Unfortunately, sometimes they're the only place to get what you need.

I find their shipping to be expensive and slow and usually fairly poor online customer service!

I ordered a bandsaw blade burnisher from them on 4/23 and the package arrived yesterday 5/1.  So, not horrible on shipping but they did charge me for it!

The bigger issue is that the item I got (Router Guide Bushing) is not what I ordered.  Also, since their customer service is closed on Sunday, all I could do was send an email and wait for them to decide to get around to correcting their mistake.

One more small item rant with Rockler!  I ordered some veneer so that I could play with some small boxes..  Let's just say that their pictures show much better than what actually shows up..  I was pretty disappointed in the blandness of their "exotic" veneers.  They'll all work for a secondary I suppose but, buyer be ware.

I do like it when I can go in their stores and put my hands on things.  I absolutely dislike their on line setup!

When I ordered the GF High Performance through your affiliate, it turned out it was coming through Rockler and I was not really happy because I really wanted to finish these nightstands before Christmas.  But to my surprise It got here about four days quicker the they originally said.

I know I don't like ordering from Rockler just because of the length of time for delivery.  I will usually opt to waste money on gas and drive the two hour round trip to the store itself.

Does Bell Forest sell Veneer?  I know at least their online product photos are more accurate.

• Like 1

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

6 minutes ago, Chet said:

When I ordered the GF High Performance through your affiliate, it turned out it was coming through Rockler and I was not really happy because I really wanted to finish these nightstands before Christmas.  But to my surprise It got here about four days quicker the they originally said.

I know I don't like ordering from Rockler just because of the length of time for delivery.  I will usually opt to waste money on gas and drive the two hour round trip to the store itself.

Does Bell Forest sell Veneer?  I know at least their online product photos are more accurate.

When you order through Amazon, I'm pretty sure Rockler is forced to step up their shipping game to sell through them.  I think it's all part of the "Prime"..

I'll be looking into BF for my next order.

FWIW, I tried to order the African Mahogany for the bed through them and it took them nearly a week to get me a quote on my order so, I bought locally.  Sad part is that BF would have gotten it to my shop for about the same price I paid locally.

Well, Rockler finally contacted me and were very apologetic about shipping the wrong item.

When they realized the value of the item they did ship me, they requested I don't sent in back...lol

So, If anyone is in need of a 5/16" Sign Bushing with Lock Nut let me know..  It's free but you cover shipping..

https://www.rockler.com/rockler-signmaking-brass-bushing-1-4-id-x-5-16-od 

Interesting, I just looked at the link you posted.  The item is out of stock, is that because they are shipping them out to people that didn't order.  Or they really have a thousand of them but their in the bin that your item was supposed to be in.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;  remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Interesting, I just looked at the link you posted.  The item is out of stock, is that because they are shipping them out to people that didn't order.  Or they really have a thousand of them but their in the bin that your item was supposed to be in.

lol...  No clue..  Maybe I got a hot item and should raise the price!   

• Like 1